Author Topic: does one any have tips on buying shareware games  (Read 1274 times)

htimreimer

does one any have tips on buying shareware games
« on: April 07, 2012, 08:45:16 am »
i looking for any tips on buying shareware games

foxhack

Re: does one any have tips on buying shareware games
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 09:11:49 pm »
Why buy when you can... download?

http://archive.org/details/cdbbsarchive

htimreimer

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 01:51:53 am »
Why buy when you can... download?

http://archive.org/details/cdbbsarchive

because some of the games that you can download are not the full game

jobocan

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 12:52:27 pm »
Shareware was rarely full games, at least in my experience. I remember actually going out in stores to buy shareware when I was a kid. Basically you were paying for a demo (and the price was actually really low), and it gave you a phone number you could call to buy the full version.
Though I haven't really paid attention to the shareware market since I was, like, 6 years old, so maybe it changed along the way.

htimreimer

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 01:43:35 pm »
Shareware was rarely full games, at least in my experience. I remember actually going out in stores to buy shareware when I was a kid. Basically you were paying for a demo (and the price was actually really low), and it gave you a phone number you could call to buy the full version.
Though I haven't really paid attention to the shareware market since I was, like, 6 years old, so maybe it changed along the way.

what most shareware games do is give you the first few levels and if you want the rest of the game you have to call a phone number and pay and then they will mail you floppy disk or cd that has the full version so what i'm saying got any tips on finding the full version copies of shareware games

jobocan

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 01:54:08 pm »
Ah, that makes more sense then. Can't really help you there, sorry. Good luck and let us know if you find anything though!

amauriel

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 03:31:29 pm »
Search for the game and see if the creator has posted the full version. For example, one of these posts got me thinking about Heros: The Sanguine Seven. Quick Wikipedia search to see if I spelled it right, link on the bottom to the developer's site, link on his site for the full game with his blessing.

Maybe not as awesome for collecting purposes, but still enjoyable.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."