Author Topic: Ni no Kuni for PS3  (Read 36088 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Ni no Kuni for PS3
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2013, 10:42:22 am »
The demo wont spoil too much I dont think. The battle system is pretty tough. But I think it will become second nature once you start working on the game.

My thoughts exactly!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2013, 10:52:25 am »
Yep!  Hardcover guide is now available for pre-order as well, comes with another in-game poke... thing.
Really? I only saw was the steel aluminum case with alternative artwork of Oliver and drippy...
Currently Playing - Plants Vs. Zombies: Warfare (PC) / Looking for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Manual

darko

« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2013, 11:28:59 am »
So how do I go about getting a copy of the super fancy edition? I'm not seeing it anywhere.

soera

« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2013, 11:38:36 am »
The wizard's edition was available through Bandai only til Sept 1 I believe. Ive heard people selling their pre-order on Ebay but they are asking almost 3 times what it cost initially. Here's a link and maybe you can call them. http://store.namcobandaigames.com/store/namcous/en_US/pd/productID.253168700/Ni-no-Kuni-Wrath-of-the-White-Witch-–-Wizards-Edition-Club-Namco-Exclusive.html?resid=T35eoAoBAlcAAG1dDlUAAAAM&rests=1357922359698

darko

« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2013, 11:43:58 am »
Hmmm...I didn't even know there was a club Namco. We'll see. I want to play the game but I might just go pick up the standard edition after release.

desocietas

« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2013, 02:18:04 pm »
Yep!  Hardcover guide is now available for pre-order as well, comes with another in-game poke... thing.
Really? I only saw was the steel aluminum case with alternative artwork of Oliver and drippy...

I think Varkias was referring to this: http://www.amazon.com/Ni-No-Kuni-Wrath-Official/dp/030789598X/ref=bxgy_cc_vg_text_a
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2013, 02:24:30 pm »

I think Varkias was referring to this: http://www.amazon.com/Ni-No-Kuni-Wrath-Official/dp/030789598X/ref=bxgy_cc_vg_text_a
An I really like the amazon deal better than gamestops :)
Currently Playing - Plants Vs. Zombies: Warfare (PC) / Looking for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Manual

desocietas

« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2013, 02:33:17 pm »

An I really like the amazon deal better than gamestops :)

Haha, yeah.  No GS-exclusive with that guide, though I know they usually do a 15% discount or something when you buy the guide with the game.

But Amazon is still cheaper... Looks like Ni No Kuni is #1 Bestseller on Amazon's list of PS3 games and the guide is the #1 Bestseller for guides...  Maybe that demo and battle system convinced people that they might need the guide after all...  Or maybe they're buying it for the possible art inside?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2013, 02:49:00 pm »
Mmmm Im interested in that guide. I want the complete Ni No Kuni package! I really hope this thing lives up to my expectations. :P

« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2013, 03:49:22 pm »
Mmmm Im interested in that guide. I want the complete Ni No Kuni package! I really hope this thing lives up to my expectations. :P
  I would like both versions and of course the the guide...but I know what would happen.. My wife would bury me 16 feet deep in the backyard .....

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #100 on: January 11, 2013, 04:03:58 pm »
  I would like both versions and of course the the guide...but I know what would happen.. My wife would bury me 16 feet deep in the backyard .....

:'(
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #101 on: January 12, 2013, 04:56:20 am »
I downloaded the demo, but have been holding off on playing it. Mainly cause I don't want to spoil anything. But I have a friend who said she had a hell of a time with the combat system and was dying all over the place until she got used to it. She suggested playing the demo, for no other reason than to learn the battle system ahead of time.

Thoughts?

It is tough the first run through, after having trouble the first time I realized there is SO much room for improvement.  Second playthrough I really got used to the fight mechanics and it was much easier.  I had a blast with the demo, you really have to use some tactics to come out on top in the fights.

« Reply #102 on: January 12, 2013, 04:56:42 am »

That's the one :D

soera

« Reply #103 on: January 14, 2013, 03:37:32 pm »
The guide is going to be cheaper to order from Amazon even if you have a Gamestop rewards card and buy the pair together.

In other news, Game Informer magazine did a review of the game. They gave it a 7 (which is a bit disappointing of a score for me). Reviewer said that the battles can get very overwhelming and very frequently. I take it with a grain of salt cause this is the magazine that is published by Gamestop and they are all about fps and sports games as well as highly recognized titles. Ni No Kuni has flown under the radar by all but the most interested gamers so far and, as such, I dont think they are going to try to "push" the game as much as AC III or the latest bullshit Call of Duty installation.

jobocan

« Reply #104 on: January 14, 2013, 07:07:11 pm »
In other news, Game Informer magazine did a review of the game. They gave it a 7 (which is a bit disappointing of a score for me). Reviewer said that the battles can get very overwhelming and very frequently. I take it with a grain of salt cause this is the magazine that is published by Gamestop and they are all about fps and sports games as well as highly recognized titles. Ni No Kuni has flown under the radar by all but the most interested gamers so far and, as such, I dont think they are going to try to "push" the game as much as AC III or the latest bullshit Call of Duty installation.

Yeah, I tend to not trust reviewers in general, especially when it comes to RPGs. To most "professional" reviewers anything more complicated than centering your screen on what you want dead and pressing a button is considered "bad" or "average". I think DmC reviews are proof of that (saying stuff like "this game is good because the combat system sucks compared to the previous ones!"... and I'd love to be kidding).