Author Topic: November 2018 - Recently added to collection/recently purchased  (Read 5087 times)

sworddude

Re: November 2018 - Recently added to collection/recently purchased
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2018, 03:14:46 pm »
In the Hunt is one of those great white buffalo games that I've never seen once in the wild. I know a local collector that found the PS1 jewel case version for $5 at a thrift store. Still sort of hate him for that.

??? harsh. I found a copy for the PS1 (UK), finally, a couple of years ago on a market stall I frequented. £1 complete.  :-X

Pretty pricy game here in europe as well not to mention the increased price in just 3 to 4 years

I remember this game in europe only being 60 ish max.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2018, 11:16:33 am »
This month I purchased:

Overcooked 2 - PS4

Friday the 13th Ultimate Slasher Edition - PS4

Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition - PS4

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - PS4

Crash Bandicoot Trilogy - PS4

Life is Strange: Before The Storm Limited Edition - PS4

Darkest Dungeon: Ancestral Edition - PS4

Love Black Friday!

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2018, 12:13:12 pm »
In the Hunt is one of those great white buffalo games that I've never seen once in the wild. I know a local collector that found the PS1 jewel case version for $5 at a thrift store. Still sort of hate him for that.

??? harsh. I found a copy for the PS1 (UK), finally, a couple of years ago on a market stall I frequented. £1 complete.  :-X

I'm kidding; he's actually a friend. I feel like there's always that tinge of jealousy when someone scores an excellent deal on a game that you wish you would have found, and that's the extent of my feelings about him finding that game for so cheap. I'm happy that he found it though most of all.

Yeah it's incredibly rare in the US for the PS1, and the jewel case version is even more rare.

theflea

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2018, 11:03:25 pm »
2 weeks and lots of new games. When out black Friday and picked up many games at bargain prices and got a call back from someone I gave my number too from a garage sale from five months ago. lol
Here's what I got...

SWITCH
Many collector's editions came in the mail.
- Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk - Limited Edition with tarot cards
- God Wars: The Complete Legend - Limited Edition
- The Lost Child - Limited Edition
- SNK 40th Anniversary Collection - Limited Edition
- Saturday Morning RPG - Collector's Edition
With my Best Buy discount and a few coupons I got this for $60.
- Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu! with Pokeball controller
These where all BF deals...
- Kirby Star Allies
- Pokken Tournament DX
- L.A. Noire

PS4
- Cosmicstar Heroine - Collector's Edition
- Aniquia Lost (cover 1)
- Aniquia Lost (cover 2)
- Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
- God of War

XBone
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy
- The Invisible Hours
- Call of Duty WWII
- Conan Exiles

VITA
Been kinda on a Vita hunt sense Sony announced the end of the Vita.
- Cosmicstar Heroine - Collector's Edition
- Antiquia Lost (cover 1)
- Antiquia Lost (cover 2)
- Death Mark - Limited Edition
- Velocity
- Period Cube: Shackles of Amadeus

Wii
Bought these from my local used game store all where under $3.
- Canada Hunt
- Luxor
- Myth Makers: Orbs of Doom
And this was a BF deal, being the last Wii game at the moment and cheaper then anywhere else I picked it up..
- Just Dance 2019

PS3
Saw this brand new for only $14 so why not. lol
- Hatsune Miku Project Duva F2nd

NDS
These are from my local used game store at only $3 and one was complete and sealed.
- Naruto: Path of the Ninja
- Master of Illusion (sealed with deck of cards)
I saw this game on a Youtube channel and it was a hidden gem, a TRU exclusive and cheap ATM.
- Soul Bubbles

XB
saw this at my local used game store for $3. Don't see it too often here.
- Ultra Bust-a-Move

GBC
My local used game store got this in brand new sealed and it was only $10.
- Monster Rancher Explorer

SCD
They also got in some Sega CD games, this was the only one I was missing and at $30 its not a bad price.
- Cadillacs and Dinosaurs

GEN
Saw this at my local used game store CIB for $6.
- Talespin

PS1
Last I got a call back from a garage sale I was at five months ago, She first tells me she found a Xbox (original) with about 10 games.
She sent me pic's and it was nothing I needed or wanted, mostly sports and scrap games. I passed.
She then said she found 19 PS1 games, again she sent a pic and I looked them over and see a couple decent titles but at first thought I can pass. But one game stood out to me... I looked it up and saw it goes for $60-$100 online. I asked what she wanted for the whole stack and she said $20. I had to buy them.
- WCW Nitro (no manual)
- Test Drive 5 (disc only)
- Spyro 2 Ripto's Rage (disc only)
- Destrega (no Manual)
- Burstrick Wake Boarding
- Jeremy Mcgrath Supercross 98
- NFL Gameday 98
- PS Underground Jampack demo disk
- Beyblade
- Saltwater Sport Fishing
- Cool Boarders 4
- Crash Bandicoot
- Destruction Derby
- Destruction Derby 2
- 007 Tomorrow Never Dies
- Rampage World Tour
- Army Men Air Attack
- Twisted Metal III
And the game that made me buy this lot...
- X-Men Children of the Atom 

« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 11:30:58 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2018, 11:42:49 pm »
Flea, if you don't mind my asking, I was just curious as to what you do for a living that allows the time, etc for the collection size that you have?  All good if you don't want to say.

After saying I wasn't going to get anything on Black Friday Amazon ended up running a Lightning Deal on an 8bitdo N30 Controller.  I picked up that as well as a USB receiver and a NES/SNES classic receiver.  All the other recent additions to my collection are just backfill.

theflea

« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2018, 12:25:06 am »
Flea, if you don't mind my asking, I was just curious as to what you do for a living that allows the time, etc for the collection size that you have?  All good if you don't want to say.

I work for an airport, that's really all I need to say. I don't have kids (other then me) or a wife that take up my time.
Don't get me wrong, I have had many relationships (and the game collection was never an issue) just never worked out.
I've been collecting video games sense I was young, I always joke I started at 7 when my grandfather bought me my first Atari 2600.
Still have it in my collection to this day. At 16+ I used to ride around on a bike just picking up any old games I could from garage sales.
I buy and sell retro games I find at garage sales, I make some paypal bucks then turn around and buy something I always wanted for my collection. This helps a lot getting rarer games and systems in my collection.

Having a large collection it does make it hard to "play" every game, some I just sample, others I never get around too, especially newer games. I just like preserving video games and its like a large library, sometimes I have people over and I love watching them turn to a kid again and play older games or sometimes they bring their kids and they usually want to play newer stuff and I don't mind.
Had a few crying as their parents try to get them to leave. lol

A large video game collection isn't for everyone, very few have one. I have inspired others in my area to build game rooms and a few are as bad as me. Maybe I'm a bad influence. lol
"Happy game hunting!!!"

PaleManInBlack

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2018, 01:24:29 am »

I work for an airport, that's really all I need to say. I don't have kids (other then me) or a wife that take up my time.
Don't get me wrong, I have had many relationships (and the game collection was never an issue) just never worked out.
I've been collecting video games sense I was young, I always joke I started at 7 when my grandfather bought me my first Atari 2600.
Still have it in my collection to this day. At 16+ I used to ride around on a bike just picking up any old games I could from garage sales.
I buy and sell retro games I find at garage sales, I make some paypal bucks then turn around and buy something I always wanted for my collection. This helps a lot getting rarer games and systems in my collection.

Having a large collection it does make it hard to "play" every game, some I just sample, others I never get around too, especially newer games. I just like preserving video games and its like a large library, sometimes I have people over and I love watching them turn to a kid again and play older games or sometimes they bring their kids and they usually want to play newer stuff and I don't mind.
Had a few crying as their parents try to get them to leave. lol

A large video game collection isn't for everyone, very few have one. I have inspired others in my area to build game rooms and a few are as bad as me. Maybe I'm a bad influence. lol
I am in awe at the size of your collection.

PaleManInBlack

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2018, 01:27:59 am »
XBOX
- Timesplitters: Future Perfect.
- Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War.
- Dead to Rights.
- Jade Empire.
- The Thing.

Edit: I just realised after posting that I should have edited the comment I made above  :-\

« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2018, 08:38:28 am »

I work for an airport, that's really all I need to say.
Ok yeah, that tracks!

*note to self, get job in airport*

spac316

« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2018, 01:22:30 pm »
Recently got the SNES Classic. Fred Meyer for the standard retail price.

kevininja

« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2018, 05:16:28 am »

Dutch Comic Con loot! I'm really happy with DQ IX and TLOZ: ALTTP, got those for quite cheap.

« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2018, 09:04:00 am »
Went hunting this past weekend and bought some stuff on Black Friday.  More stuff not pictured like DQ11, Starlink, Forza Horizon 4, and FFXV: Royal Edition.

jeffmandm

« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2018, 10:24:40 am »
I don't know if I need pictures, but I got a few games this month.

Nintendo Switch

• Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!
  • Senran Kagura Reflexions - Ryouna DLC Set

PlayStation 4

• Various DLC for Senran Kagura - Peach Beach Splash
  • Rockman X Anniversary Collection 1 + 2 (I ordered this a while ago, just got it in this month. Already beaten X and X2.)

tripredacus

« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2018, 12:43:38 pm »
Just two items from ye old wishlist.

Sega Genesis
- Sonic & Knuckles (NFR)
- 6-Pak (Sega Label)

« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2018, 12:40:21 am »
Got all my Black Friday orders in today. Mainly added to my PS4 collection since last time:

Game Boy:
Bart Simpson's Escape From Camp Deadly

PS4:
Fallout 4 GOTY Edition
Dragon Quest XI
Samurai Warriors 4 II
Samurai Warriors 4 Empires

I also found some board games based off of old Atari games:

There's also a Joust one, but that wasn't in stock when I got these.
For the other Card and Board games:
DC Deck Building Game: The Multiverse
Joking Hazard: Deck Enhancement #3
Monopoly: Rick & Morty
Catan: Cities & Knights
Catan: Merchants of Europe