Author Topic: November 2018 - Recently added to collection/recently purchased  (Read 5393 times)

Re: November 2018 - Recently added to collection/recently purchased
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2018, 10:16:45 am »
I'm pretty sure it was less popular some time ago the franchise as a whole, I remember selling a strategy guide of one of the dark souls for ps3 games for close to a 100$ excuding high international shipping costs wich was kinda insane especially for a strategy guide. But thanks to the popualrity it has been reprinted and dropped down to 20 - 30ish since it is pretty easy to find on ebay nowadays. I really wonder if people actually used the guide or bought it more as a collectors piece considering it's price when the dark souls series was less popular than it is today.

When the first Dark Souls came out it wasn't a huge hit.  It found some critical success, but it found its audience (like most RPGs, really).  It was obviously successful enough to get a sequel, but it wasn't until Bloodborne came out that the general gaming public at large became aware.  It gave a retroactive boost to the previous games in series, and the Scholar of the First Sin version of part II hit the new gen of consoles around the same time.

This is when stuff really blew up.  BB was a huge hit, but a console exclusive, so when the next game from the same team wasn't an exclusive, the hype train took over with Part III.

So yeah, in general, I imagine that stuff was just less widely available back around 2012-2014, and the popularity explosive cause a ton of stuff going back to the printers.

sworddude

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2018, 11:10:55 am »
Some pretty decent weeks nothing to special

Mediocre deals all cib

harvest moon ds with vip points 8,80 shipped

ps2

capcom classics collection vol 2 24 euro's shipped

nes 13,50 euro 's a pop

shadow warriors
nemo dream master

Xardion cib with xardion registration card no poster unfortunately but very clean condition. 47 euro's shipped. have a lose spare cartridge for this one so after sales it will cost less wich is always nice.

Free deals all cib

Nintendo ds

luminious arc
dodgeball brawlers

gameboy

mario tennis
robin hood

Gamecube It's been a while since I snagged down a cheap gamecube lot instead of snagging just some games for cheap.

Star wars rogue squadron
mario tennis with vip points
mario party 5 with vip points

Ps1

descent 2
panzer general

ps2

sly raccoon
global defense force
gradius III & IV finally, everytime I came across this game for cheap it was always in german packaging, pretty strange that the german boxed version is the most common version in my country wich should not be the case :P

Sega

Haunting
running battle
eswat
alex kid in shinobi world

Your Stylish Sword Master!

theflea

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2018, 11:54:00 pm »
Another week of pick ups, nothing too crazy this week. Mostly pre-orders and cheap games.

SWITCH
Some Super Rare and LRG games came in the mail.
- Snake Pass
- Mutant Mudds Collection
- Worms W.M.D.
- Oxenfree
- Saturday Morning RPG

PS4
Again more Limited Online games.
- Stardust Galaxy Warriors
- Cosmic Star Heroine

XBone
- Hitman 2 - Collector's Edition

VITA
Been on the lookout for VITA games sense Sony Announced they are discontinuing the system.
- Cosmic Star Heroine
- Axiom Verge - Multiverse Edition (Gamestop had this on clearance for $23)

Wii
- Dream Salon
- Overlord: Dark Legend

PS3
These where on clearance brand new for $7.50 each.
- Just Dance 2017
- NBA 2K17
- WWE 2K17

XB360
Again clearance for $7.50
- Just Dance 2017

NDS
Was at my local used game store and found a bunch of cheap complete DS games, most all of these where priced under $4.
Couple of them where only $1 and at that price I'll pick up any game I don't have.
- Imagine Figure Skater ($1, only reason I'd buy this. lol)
- Underground Pool (again only $1)
- Herbie Rescue Rally
- Hot Wheels Track Attack
- Garfield's Nightmare
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas
- Heavy Armor
- Super Dodgeball Brawlers

XB
- Magic the Gathering: Battlegrounds

PS2
I thought this was funny, I asked the girl at my local used game store if they got any obscure games in?
She showed me this game and I said "Yep that's Obscure, I'll take it"
- Obscure the Aftermath

GEN
I found a loose copy of this game for $20, so I looked online and saw someone selling the box for $20. So I bought both and got this game for $40.
- Alisia Dragoon

NES
My local used game store got in a stack of CIB NES games, I saw one marked for only $12 and I had to get it just for the box and manual.
- Ghosts N' Goblins

"Happy game hunting!!!"

theflea

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2018, 05:37:27 pm »
Just picked this up...  ;D
One of the best items in a collector's edition by far.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 05:50:09 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2018, 02:06:31 pm »

Couldn't tell how it is, yet, because I'm still balls deep in God of War.

spac316

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2018, 02:42:15 pm »
Got WWE 2k18 for PS4 and Bart vs. The Space Mutants on NES.

spac316

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2018, 08:40:17 pm »
And now, I got Columns III for Genesis, Every Extend Extra for PSP, Duke Nukem 3D 20th for PS4 and In the Hunt for Saturn, $80!

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2018, 08:48:09 pm »
In the Hunt is one of those great white buffalo games that I've never seen once in the wild. I know a local collector that found the PS1 jewel case version for $5 at a thrift store. Still sort of hate him for that.

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2018, 12:38:10 am »
Finally bothered to get some actual video games this month:

360:
Green Lantern
MX Vs. ATV Reflex
Nicktoons MLB

Other:
Mega Bloks Charizard set

Otherwise, it's been mostly board games this month:
Catan: Traders and Barbarians
DC Deck Building Game: The Multiverse
Joking Hazard: Expansion #3
Monopoly Gamer: Mario Kart
Santorini: The Golden Fleece Expansion
Risk: Game of Thrones
Risk: Rick & Morty

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2018, 08:22:40 am »
Actually got some semi-decent thrift shopping in this week:

3DS:
Fire Emblem Warriors
Hey! Pikmin - the box is pretty much demolished so I gotta get a new one, but it was only $1

PS4:
Dead Rising 4: Frank's Big Package

Switch:
EMIO Charge Dock

And then a few DVDs, mostly for trade fodder (paid $1 each, but will get  at least 4x that in trade), but I am keeping the following:
Ginger Snaps
The Silence of the Lambs: Criterion Collection

Flashback2012

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2018, 10:30:06 am »
The last two weeks I've seen an uptick in JPN and EU games in and around my various haunts. Last week I missed out on the EU PS3 game Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock. Half Price Books had it for $25 and stupid me didn't secure it soon enough by putting it on hold at the register. I was perusing the section next to where the game was when I heard someone requesting it. They were running a 50% off your highest priced item so I could have snagged it for $12.50.  :-\

This week I found another EU game in a place that I infrequent. They had International Cricket 2010 for PS3 and it was only $4.  They also had a pair of WiiU Pro Controllers for $12 each.  ;D Went across the street to a new comic/game/movie/media shop and found a CIB copy of Clue for Genesis for $3.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2018, 12:59:36 pm »
Super Famicom
-Dragonball Z
-Yu Yu Hakusho

PS4
- Devil May Cry HD Edition
- Nier Automata (arriving Fri)
- Soul Calibur 6 (arriving Fri)

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2018, 09:17:02 pm »
Had to run back to a shop because they forgot to put the disc in the case when I got it a couple of weeks ago.

Got Oblivion and GTA IV Complete for 360, with Oblivion deeply discounted at $1.

Also picked up a full case version of New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2018, 02:40:35 am »
Hit up Gamestop, Walmart and Best Buy after a great time with family for Thanksgiving. Luckily none of these required me to go out of my way to obtain and were readily available when I walked in.

shfan

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2018, 02:28:26 pm »
In the Hunt is one of those great white buffalo games that I've never seen once in the wild. I know a local collector that found the PS1 jewel case version for $5 at a thrift store. Still sort of hate him for that.

??? harsh. I found a copy for the PS1 (UK), finally, a couple of years ago on a market stall I frequented. £1 complete.  :-X