Author Topic: Worlds will live...Worlds will die...  (Read 995 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Worlds will live...Worlds will die...
« on: December 12, 2018, 12:50:17 pm »
***SPOILERS***
OMG!!! Such a geek-out moment!!! Teaser at the end of the oh-so-awesome CW superhero crossover event last night:

If you aren't a comic fan, you just don't understand. This was the single greatest superhero epic ever told in comic books. To see it get any kind of film treatment, even if it is just a T.V. budget, is amazingly awesome!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 08:24:04 pm by burningdoom »

Flashback2012

Re: Worlds will live...Worlds will die...
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 07:57:37 pm »
I would have rather they went all out and did this as animated instead of live action given the sheer number of characters involved. As much as I love COIE, I don't think its story stands up to the test of time considering how DC has not only reversed course on having everyone on one Earth but has exponentially expanded the Multiverse concept over the last few decades. They started by adding in Hypertime, then the whole 52 concept, a couple of sub-par Crisis events in between, then the God Awful Flashpoint which resulted in them folding in Wildstorm and the reclaimed characters from Vertigo, and finally here recently with the Dark Multiverse stuff that spawned nonsense like The Batman Who Laughs (sorry...I don't care for the Joker and having a Bat-Joker excites me even less).  :P

Maybe it is a good thing it's live action. It'll be limited in scope to the shows in a sense and it won't have Didio involved to inevitably screw things up.  8)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 10:15:50 am »
Isn't that the story arc where superboy prime punched reality and a side effect was bringing Jason Todd back to life?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 12:36:19 pm »
Isn't that the story arc where superboy prime punched reality and a side effect was bringing Jason Todd back to life?

That story is "Infinite Crisis". Which is a follow-up to the original Crisis on Infinite Earths. A follow-up 20-years later.

I really enjoyed that storyline, as well. But it wasn't the epic that was the original COIE.