Author Topic: Prized possessions  (Read 3124 times)

wartoy

PRO Supporter

Prized possessions
« on: January 15, 2019, 05:37:33 pm »
What are your most prized possessions in your collection.

1.Dreamcast kiosk
2.Xbox 360 neon light
3.Bomber Man Second Attack n64 (cib)
4.Mega Man clock
5.PlayStation 3 test system

These are some of my favorite items in my collection it doesn't have to be the most valuable item in your collection just most valuable to you. It can be games,swag,artwork,décor whatever you want.I thought it would be cool to hear about neat stuff in everyone's collection.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: Prized possessions
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 06:26:42 pm »
Doug Tenapel's Sketchbook archives- both of the books are signed and volume 2 has a extra sketch of Earthworm Jim

Actrasier 1&2- they aren't in the best of shape. In fact they were in a fire that happened at a LGS. Thankfully the store has recovered and I'm glad that they did because they are great people.

Alucard and Dracula NECA figures- found them at a convention it's just some cool collectables I have.

azotam

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 06:47:52 pm »
I don't know. Probably Grand Prix 4, Richard Burns Rally and Severance: Blade of Darkness, since I cannot find a physical copy of those three games anywhere.
Still updating collection.

gf78

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 07:13:58 pm »
Here's mine!

Games
Illusion of Gaia SNES complete in near-mint box
Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild Special Edition Switch
Metroid Prime Trilogy Steelcase Edition Wii

Hardware
Nintendo 3DS Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 25th Anniversary bundle

Swag
Pretty much all of my Zelda books & guides

Other than that...I don't know.  Aside from digital only games which I dont hold in high regard because they aren't tangible, I pretty much love the stuff in my collection.

Over the last two years with my wife's health issues, financial stress beyond belief & a surprise baby on the way - I literally decimated my collection. Not much of it survived but what did stay were mostly just ID software titles and PC games. When the Zelda & Mario & Nintendo (all their games in general) itch began building with my desire to play Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey, my wife kicked it off by buying me the NES & SNES Classic consoles. That led to buying a Switch. That led to me wanting to delve back into the past Nintendo titles. Quite rapidly, my stripped collection of a handful of games & a bunch of magazines blossomed into nearly 900 items currently.

So I've carefully cultivated what I buy or acquire to only be the things I really want and not fluff & filler like Madden 2,746,504 that costs a quarter. The sports titles I do have are Nintendo-published which is part of my ultimate goal to have all of the Nintendo-published games, systems & accessories.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

pizzasafari

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 08:37:30 pm »
Mine are:

- Copy of Persona 4 I had signed by Laura Bailey!
- Final Fantasy VIII Rinoa framed photo card, I haven't a clue what it actually is but I know it's very rare and valuable and I'm lucky to have it, and FF8 is my baby.
- Final Fantasy VIII limited edition big box
- Limited Final Fantasy VIII soundtrack vinyl
- Complete collection of The House in Fata Morgana games, soundtracks and artwork-related merchandise. They aren't worth that much but they have personal value to me.
- Panzer Dragoon Saga, near-perfect condition (or at least it was when I bought it, it's gotten a little bit weathered somehow :/ )
- Every western-released Persona game, all with big box limited editions wherever applicable, except I don't have the PS1 version of the first game, need to get on that. Dunno about the USA but here in the UK P3, P3F and P4 are ffffucking pricey. And importing P2:EP breaks your bank.
(Actually scratch that it looks like P4's had another print run so the price is down again, but before long it'll shoot right up again)
- Final Fantasy II edition WonderSwan Color (though the screen's been scratched to oblivion thanks to dust, that thing is insanely delicate)
- GameCube version of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Gettin' the TRUE Twilight Princess experience boiii.

I feel like I'm forgetting some very important things... I might edit more in later.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 08:56:17 pm by pizzasafari »

topspot123

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 09:18:30 pm »
- GameCube version of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Gettin' the TRUE Twilight Princess experience boiii.

I definitely agree with that! 

I've shown many of my favorite possessions over on my YouTube channel.  These include my glow in the dark Super Metroid poster, my copies of two the CDi Zelda games, and my Nintendo Dual Vs System arcade cabinet. 

A couple of items that haven't been fully featured on my channel are a Fulgore cardboard standup for the SNES release of Killer Instinct, the full set of Nintendo Power magazines, and a retail display of some sort for Sonic & Knuckles (I don't even know all that's inside it).

Lastly, one of the things that I prize the most is that most of my retro collection are my games and systems I've had since they were new.  I've grown up with my collection. 

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2019, 09:21:26 pm »
I have a PlayStation neon light and a Playstion 2 fluorescent box light. Both of these were purchased from a game store that was closing more than 15 years ago.
I have some prepaid phone cards and vacuum sealed t-shirts that were bundled with games, but nothing else in my collection really stands out too much.

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2019, 10:10:49 pm »
My original N64 console from Christmas Eve 1996

My complete set of GamePro Magazine from 1995 to 2003

My copy of Valkyrie Profile (was the first crazy score I ever got and the one that inspired me to hunt for video games; found at a garage sale in 2010 for $2 along with several other PS1 games)

My white Japanese Sega Saturn console

A loose copy of Batman Forever on the SNES that Billy from the Game Chasers gave me back during their early years

My entire Dreamcast collection

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2019, 11:42:30 pm »
NES: Around 1994 I received hand-me-down NES from a cousin who was going away to college. While the NES was old by the time I got it, it was still my first video game system. The AC adapter apparently broke at some point as it was held together with black electrical tape. Finally, about 3 years ago I replaced the tape as it was falling apart. While I have plenty of other power adapters laying around these days I still hold onto the original.  Along with the system, I still have most of the original games I had received. SMB3 was probably my favorite. I even took the cartridge along to college just to hang it on my wall.

Pokemon Red Version: I had an aunt who had a habit of buying me Game Boy games for gifts and one year for my birthday she got me Pokemon Red. I was still young at the time and boy did it blow me away. I grow up in a rural area, away from most retail stores. I gotten before most kids in school so it was quite the spectacle. Generally most of the games I've owned since the 90s are all in decent shape as I took fairly good care of my things. This Pokemon cartridge is probably the exception. I played shit out of it. The top of the label and the contacts are all worn from just taking the thing in and out so often.

GameCube: Got mine sometime in 2002. This was when I was starting to seriously get into gaming and I logged a lot of hours into that thing. I played the thing so damn much that in 2014 I ended up replaced the laser unit because it started failing. In the day my friends and I were very competitive and played a lot of Melee, Double Dash and a little SoulCalibur 2. The GameCube left a big mark on me and is probably my favorite system today. So far I've collected seven color variants.

Game & Watch: There isn't really one particular item I favor over others, but I just have a certain affinity for them in general. The first GameBoy Color I got was Game & Watch Gallery 2 and I had a lot of fun with it. I later picked up Game & Watch Galley 4 on GBA when that came out. It was only at that point did I actually realize what an actual Game & Watch was and was kind of fascinated by them. Once I grew up and had some disposable income I started importing the handhelds from Japan and Europe. So far I only have nine of those.  I hope and pray they make a new Game & Watch Gallery some day.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 11:54:37 pm by badATchaos »

azure

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2019, 01:56:15 am »
-All my original systems I still own: GCN, PS1, PS2, N64 etc.

-Panzer Dragoon Saga Vinyl OST signed by the composer

-Fire Emblem PoR store display

-Complete NA Fire Emblem/SMT collection

-My Original copy of Pokemon Blue

There is probably more because I love so many pieces in my collection, but these are a few that came to mind.

kashell

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2019, 08:20:25 am »
Hmm...

*All of my Tales of stuff. It's one of my favorite series' and it's all on display. There are games, music CDs, figures, posters, ads, mugs.
*My copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga. Great game.
*My copy of Burning Ragners. It was a great souvenir to commemorate a fantastic trip visiting MrNikon in Chicago.
*My copy of EOE. Another souvenir, only it was when I was hanging with Turf in Memphis.
*All of my Breath of Fire goods. Major shoutout to Redblaze for hooking me up with the strategy guides to both Breath of Fire and Breath of Fire II.
*My SaGa Frontier OST. I got this at my second anime convention with my two best friends. I still listen to it and peruse its gorgeous artbook that came with it.

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2019, 09:26:26 am »
So dope.  Laura Bailey is the best.

I don't think I have anything I'd consider a prized possession.

The things I have that I would find noteworthy are either imports or things with mildly interesting stories behind them.

Wild Arms Advanced 3rd Premium Box and my Super Metroid with no label that I picked up from a Goodwill for $3 come to mind.

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2019, 09:32:00 am »

Lotus Juice, the rapper who is on many of the songs for the Persona 4 OST performed live at an Anime con I went to in 2015 and I wish I would have decided to bring my cop of Persona 4 for him to sign. I had multiple opportunities too since he was out mingling with people and enjoying the con when he wasn't performing. Pretty bummed about that.

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2019, 09:49:06 am »
My CIB Copy of Earthbound is probably the crown jewel of my collection for sentimental value. My Mother bought it for me for getting good marks in 6th grade. Because of the novelty of the giant oversized box, it was the only SNES game I kept the box for. It still has the Zellers price tag on the box. Zellers was a big Canadian Department Store chain that has since gone out of business.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2019, 12:59:04 pm »
It comes down to 2

My first NES that I got Christmas of 1987

or

My badass PlayChoice-10 that in which I plan on being buried.   ;)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 03:05:14 pm by turf »