Author Topic: You guys ever get stuck in like a gaming rut?  (Read 2232 times)

Re: You guys ever get stuck in like a gaming rut?
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2022, 12:13:47 am »
I think this is perfectly normal. It means you have other interests or at least, your brain is telling you to seek out other interests.

I tend to do this nearly every summer, and throughout the rest of the year I wax and wane on gaming. It doesn’t mean the hobby no longer interests me, just that I’m burned out and need to do something else for a while.
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)

mrkonasoni

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2022, 02:34:18 am »
Yes.
But is mostly because I constantly feel I should be doing something else, for example I spend too much time reading and trying to learn stuff I am interested since I have never liked the idea of just talk about one thing in particular, and sometimes when I am trying to draw for hobbie that actually consumes a lot of time.

Still, I always attempt to beat and play new games, even in the most stressful days, a quick Tetris match or another Yu-Gi-Oh duel is still pretty entertaining.
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2022, 09:30:43 am »
I'm glad to see it's not just me! At the beginning of the year I decided to finish 52 games again and was off to a good start but then I just kinda died out and was getting about a month behind.. but after starting up a game I actually enjoyed playing I seem to be back on track. really looking forward to getting back in to some old classics this year and seeing what everyone else is playing.

pzeke

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2022, 02:41:07 am »
I honestly think ruts can be healthy: they help you pursue other activities, and in doing so, you flush your mind in order to get back into the flow of things.

Your solution of ignoring the game you were "supposed" to like and getting into one you actually do was certainly the best move. I think that you can get into the other game eventually, maybe by watching a gameplay video or two, or by reading up on it; I know I've done this in the past and has worked.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 04:47:10 pm by pzeke »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!