Author Topic: GAME Australia goes into administration, pre-orders cancelled with no refund  (Read 2513 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

I've said it before. If it got to the point that game consoles started locking out used games. I'd stop buying said game console and focus on all the amazing games that I don't own. I'm sure its cheaper for me, in the long run, to buy a Sega CD and Snatcher cib just to play it, or a PC Engine Duo and import games.Tthan try to keep up with all new games for said system on release day or shortly after.

That's true -and- I agree.

In all honesty...I could have probably stopped buying games a year or 2 ago...and have already had more games in my "backlog" than I can realistically play for the rest of my life.

Wow.

Now that I've said it out loud...I feel both reassured...and depressed at the same time :-\
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

That is my thought exactly as well. My backlog of games I own/want to play is probably enough to entertain me for years. Once those years are done, Im sure there are a few games I have yet to acquire to fill some more time. I dont forsee me running out of stuff to actually play. Once the big console companies start going to digital only, I as well will be on the boycott bandwagon. I hardly play my PS3/Wii now as it is other than to entertain the kids. Missing the next latest-and-greatest system out there will not really bother me.

And since you mentioned EB (and in a sense Funcoland) I was just explaining that exact fact to my stepson yesterday. Both those places felt like a real gamer's store to me. And thats what has slowly been phased out of Gamestop is its past. Now its mostly a bullshit company catering to the recent FPS/every sports title in the world fanbois. I actually blew up on one of their employees yesterday (poor girl). She was trying to get me to pre-order one of the 2013 football pieces of shit and RE 6 I think. I let her know (without mixing my words) that those sorry ass games were the reason I hate new world gaming and they are the downside of the trade in business filling the used shelves with nothing but the same crap.