Author Topic: Pokémon Crystal Battery Replacement  (Read 1650 times)

fiveforfightng

Pokémon Crystal Battery Replacement
« on: November 29, 2012, 06:54:29 pm »
Hello. I have taken out the old battery from 1999 in my copy of Pokémon Crystal Version. I am not quite sure how to get the new one back in. I tried using tape, and it didn't hold a good connection or save file. I was thinking about using a soldering gun to help the arms stick to the battery. So what am asking is, is a soldering gun a good choice, or should I just give up on Gen II Pokémon?
Now Playing: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

darko

Re: Pokémon Crystal Battery Replacement
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 07:47:17 pm »
I've never replaced a GBA battery. For some reason I think you're going to need to solder it. I've do a quick check on YouTube to make sure though.

byron

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 01:22:16 am »
You can not solder a battery. Don't even try.

The best way I have found to replace cartridge batteries is to bend the prongs so that they squeeze the battery. Bend the bottom prong up and the top prong down, simple. Stick the battery between the prongs and glue it in place. I like hot glue for this.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 11:01:29 am »
Electrical tape usually works for me, just make sure the prongs are flatten and you use good electrical tape I tend to use 3M. i tried using an off-brand from harbor freight before and it doesn't always stick good.

fiveforfightng

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 11:39:10 am »
I've tried bending the arms to get it to stay, but the game still won't hold a save. I've also tried using electrical tape, and that didn't work either.
Now Playing: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 11:54:52 am »
Electrical tape usually works for me, just make sure the prongs are flatten and you use good electrical tape I tend to use 3M. i tried using an off-brand from harbor freight before and it doesn't always stick good.

@redblaze57 -

Sent you a PM...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

redblaze57

PRO Supporter