Author Topic: Batch submit and demo disc question  (Read 1359 times)

topspot123

Batch submit and demo disc question
« on: July 21, 2012, 07:16:52 pm »
I have a bunch of game demo discs to add and was wondering if there was a way to submit an excel page as a batch upload?  I'm referring specifically to the Xbox Magazine demo discs #2-#131 (#1 is just a standard DVD) and PlayStation Magazine demo discs #49, #51, #53, and #55-#112.  The bulk of the info for each would be the same and it would be very tedious to submit each individually.  Just curious.

Secondly,  several of the mid-range Xbox Magazine demo discs have specific content for both Xbox and Xbox 360.  Which platform would it be preferable to list those for?

foxhack

Re: Batch submit and demo disc question
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 07:59:43 pm »
There is no way to batch submit items, unfortunately. I'd love something like that but it's not there. :p

scott

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 08:10:06 pm »
Actually if you do it on an excel sheet, like the one for exporting your collection to excel. And email it to matt, he can batch it. The only problem is you don't get any credit for doing it that way, currently.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jcalder8

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 10:17:34 pm »
Secondly,  several of the mid-range Xbox Magazine demo discs have specific content for both Xbox and Xbox 360.  Which platform would it be preferable to list those for?
I would say enter them as 360 but in the details section list that they also work with the Xbox

scott

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 10:22:58 pm »
I would say enter them as 360 but in the details section list that they also work with the Xbox

Wouldn't the demo discs be listed with the magazines, under the Magazine category?
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

matt

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 10:21:35 pm »

Wouldn't the demo discs be listed with the magazines, under the Magazine category?

I think they'd be listed separately as they all have unique item numbers.

As for batch importing. Just send me a spreadsheet that has all the data to matt@vgcollect.com. Really the only thing required is item name and category. I can import it AND give you the proper credit.

htimreimer

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 02:21:09 am »

i have been wondering two i have thise 30 day trial disk for disney daily blast and i dont know what it is other that it has games: http://vgcollect.com/item/27986

topspot123

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 11:33:11 am »

I think they'd be listed separately as they all have unique item numbers.

As for batch importing. Just send me a spreadsheet that has all the data to matt@vgcollect.com. Really the only thing required is item name and category. I can import it AND give you the proper credit.

I'm in the midst of a pretty busy week or two, but I'll get busy on the list when I can.  Thanks for your help.

topspot123

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 05:37:49 pm »

I'm sending you the file now.  Thanks for your help and let me know if there is anything on it you would like adjusted.

topspot123

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2012, 04:38:20 pm »

Did you receive that email?  Not rushing you, just making sure everything is okay with the file.