Author Topic: Wii U ..  (Read 902 times)

soera

Wii U ..
« on: October 28, 2012, 10:06:47 am »
Why are people already inputting Wii U junk into the system? Its not set to be released for weeks and almost nothing has pictures or any sort of information. Just seems a waste cause someone is going to have to go back and fix them later and its not like anyone has them in their collection yet.

jcalder8

Re: Wii U ..
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 10:43:27 am »
I understand where you are coming from but some people like to add the item to their collection after they have per-ordered it.

soera

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 10:45:46 am »
But they are seriously incomplete ... just seems like wasted effort.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 10:48:57 am »
But they are seriously incomplete ... just seems like wasted effort.

I agree.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

tpugmire

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 11:27:00 am »
I did it, primarily because I wanted to have the categories set up ahead of time, because Matt and Scott are busy doing other things.  And most of the listings are repurposed from duplicate listings, to save space in the database.  I realize that all of them are incomplete, and I'll go back and fill them in when the stuff is actually out.  Some accessories are already out, so that's a big part of why I wanted them set up early.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

foxhack

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 06:34:27 pm »
Why are people already inputting Wii U junk into the system? Its not set to be released for weeks and almost nothing has pictures or any sort of information. Just seems a waste cause someone is going to have to go back and fix them later and its not like anyone has them in their collection yet.
We have -tons- of entries that have incomplete information.

Better to have placeholder entries on the system than have twenty people enter the same game at the same time later. :P

desocietas

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 02:09:51 am »
I don't really see any issue with it if it's something that's officially announced.  We have a wishlist feature, and maybe folks want to add items that are yet to be released to that list (if they want to pass that list on to friends/family prior to their bday, perhaps). 

I understand your concern about incomplete records, but almost all records on VGC are missing box text, rear cover artwork, cart/disk artwork, etc.  Personally, when I make records for items that aren't released yet, it's usually because I'm excited about it, have pre-ordered it, and am intending on updating it with more info as soon as I can.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas