Author Topic: Red Box  (Read 1809 times)

Red Box
« on: February 16, 2013, 11:06:36 pm »
Today I found out just how easy it is to scam red box. Someone had photo copied the disc and put the paper in the case. Has anyone else come across this, because I didn't think  it could be that easy.

jobocan

Re: Red Box
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 11:09:20 pm »
That's surprising. You'd figure they would have thought about that, but it doesn't even check if there's a disc being put back in there?

jcalder8

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 11:40:02 pm »
What is red box?

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 11:41:09 pm »
wow! just wow! but then they should have a credit card log of everyone that has rented it and you need to report this.
Currently Playing - Plants Vs. Zombies: Warfare (PC) / Looking for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Manual

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 11:42:44 pm »
What is red box?
it is a touch screen box out in the wild usually by valero's and McDonalds..sometimes around or in Walgreens and they allow you to rent games and movies for 1 but that price is now about 1.50 to 1.75 us dollars
Currently Playing - Plants Vs. Zombies: Warfare (PC) / Looking for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Manual

jcalder8

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 11:44:43 pm »
What is red box?
it is a touch screen box out in the wild usually by valero's and McDonalds..sometimes around or in Walgreens and they allow you to rent games and movies for 1 but that price is now about 1.50 to 1.75 us dollars
Ah ok, thanks, I think I have seen them around now.

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 11:47:56 pm »
yea there are some other kiosks out there that I've seen like Blue Cube at krogers.

foxhack

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 11:57:57 pm »
That's surprising. You'd figure they would have thought about that, but it doesn't even check if there's a disc being put back in there?
They don't, they only check that the code is there.

Still, whoever did that is a goddamn moron. These things -track- who rented what via credit card information. I hope you reported this to them by phone, eatgrenades - so they can track the rental history and charge whoever stole the game a fine.

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 12:11:34 am »
I called and they where pretty nice and gave me free movie rentals. So Im guessing they will charge who ever did it.

jcalder8

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 12:43:09 am »
I called and they where pretty nice and gave me free movie rentals. So Im guessing they will charge who ever did it.
That's nice of them.

Also, welcome to the site!

darko

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 12:54:33 am »
Still, whoever did that is a goddamn moron. These things -track- who rented what via credit card information. I hope you reported this to them by phone, eatgrenades - so they can track the rental history and charge whoever stole the game a fine.

Yeah...a moron unless he/she used a visa gift card that they paid for with cash. I have a friend who rented a movie from Redbox and accidentally returned the case back in with a random movie that was in his DVD player when he put the movie in from Redbox. He used the rest of the money on the card the next day before he realized that he still had the movie from Redbox. He called them and they sorted it out somehow...but while on the phone with someone at Redbox he was informed that a lot of people steal movies/games by using pre-paid credit cards...which they couldn't do anything about at the time. That was last year so I don't know if they fixed the issue.

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2013, 01:19:24 am »
That's nice of them.

Also, welcome to the site!
Thanks. Been using the site for a while just never had much time to be active on the forum.

matt

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2013, 12:52:26 pm »
This is retarded. They have your CC and I also wouldn't be surprised it that box didn't snap a photo of you with each rental.

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2013, 07:31:43 pm »
I wouldn't doubt the picture snap it would be alot easier for them to be reported.