Author Topic: Run and Gun Recommendation Thread  (Read 4235 times)

Re: Run and Gun Recommendation Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2013, 09:17:54 am »

I've actually been thinking of starting a thread where we sort out arcade port quality, since I have a mountain of notes on this stuff, but haven't had enough free time to dig into it. Most gamers don't seem to particularly care either, so I'm torn on whether it'd really be a worthwhile effort.

I eat that stuff up, please make a thread!

I can't really recommend anything that hasn't already been said, so I'll just throw in another thumbs up for Alien Soldier. :)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2013, 01:21:15 pm »
Original Game Boy:
-Contra: The Alien Wars
-Operation C

Genesis:
-Vectorman 1 & 2

So Vectorman is questionable. But there seems to be constant gunning as you're platforming, much like Contra. IMO, if Contra is included, then Vectorman should be as well.

insektmute

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2013, 03:47:46 pm »
Just a heads up, but I'll be slow on updating the main list this weekend. Grandma's in town, and so my time has been mostly kidnapped until early morning/late evening :/

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2013, 05:57:39 pm »
Ha also check out Cyber-Lip on the AES, since this is a thread about run n gun =)

I s that game really good? I almost bought it like a month ago and talked myself out of it.
Cyber-Lip is decent, I've played it fairly recently at a somewhat local arcade and to be honest it's nothing great,it's kind of slow and you cant really shoot in any direction, but the bosses are huge, fun and satisfying to kill. To be fair though you can do a lot better for cheaper.

insektmute

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2013, 12:05:48 pm »
I eat that stuff up, please make a thread!

I can't really recommend anything that hasn't already been said, so I'll just throw in another thumbs up for Alien Soldier. :)

I'll see what I can put together over the next week or so, since my notes are all over the place, and a lot of past sources that I'd used before appear to be gone. Even if it's just a couple people contributing, I think I'd be potentially really useful for people. I'd like to also take into account progressive scan support, since this can be a big deal for people playing on LCDs.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2013, 01:19:49 pm »
Sunset Riders is also on Genesis.