Author Topic: Whos buying a Retron 5?!  (Read 3229 times)

soera

Re: Whos buying a Retron 5?!
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2013, 11:43:01 am »
Ive heard that the messiah controllers for the SNES are by far the best wireless option. While I love wireless controllers on my PS3 (TV is quite a distance from the couch so wireless definitely makes more sense and their recharge option is fantastic) I really prefer wired controllers for most systems.

darko

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2013, 06:41:59 pm »
If this bad boy can successfully upscale GBA games to 720p, I'm in.

sin2beta

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2013, 11:35:42 pm »
If this bad boy can successfully upscale GBA games to 720p, I'm in.

I don't know if I would want to see 240x160 upscaled to 720p...

I kind of wonder if the retron upscale would actually rival a scart RGB to component video setup for things like the genesis. Technically speaking, scart to component should be the most optimal setup for video. HDMI would only cause a loss in quality unless through emulation.

For instance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZakQhQbjbRU
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

No. 5's coming out? HOORAAAAAY
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2013, 12:04:48 am »
As much as I love having the individual consoles, I will probably get a RetroN 5 so I can have most of them in one console. In case I want to do any travelling with my retro games.  :D
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 12:06:33 am by kevinstriker »

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2013, 03:18:39 am »
I'm going to wait until other people get it first to see if it does anything better than a modded Wii can. I'd also like to hear if it manages to run flash carts. That would actually be kind of weird if it did and you did a save state on the flash cart's menu screen...

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2013, 11:27:45 am »
I will be getting it for sure. but then again any system they put out I will get >_>.

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2013, 02:34:37 am »
Depending on it's price, Ill probably end up getting one somewhere down the line.
I like to take bring my consoles to my friend's places.
This would work perfect for throwing in a bag with a couple of games.
I stumbled across the announcement for the Retron 5 when I was looking to buy a 3.
I make music.
I'm really cool, you should tell your friends about me :P

https://soundcloud.com/torvez

blipcs76

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2013, 10:42:41 am »
Ive heard that the messiah controllers for the SNES are by far the best wireless option.

I have the Messiah NES and SNES controllers and their performance is amazing, though most people are not a fan of the control pad.  It's not a typical d-pad, but a disc and it can be tricky for games that require precision like Ninja Gaiden, as it might register an up for what you intend to be a right/left.  For games that require less precision, they're wonderful.