Author Topic: Mirror's Edge  (Read 1456 times)

jcalder8

Mirror's Edge
« on: March 02, 2013, 01:04:33 pm »
I played through the first one when it came out and I loved it. There are once more rumors circling that a second one is in the works. I really hope this is the case since I think it is an interesting concept that they could do a lot with.

Who else is excited about the rumor?

Edit: http://kotaku.com/5962580/mirrors-edge-2-is-being-made-right-now-according-to-ex+ea-developer Here is the link if you want to check it out.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 01:20:37 pm by jcalder8 »

scott

Re: Mirror's Edge
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 01:11:28 pm »
ME!

I loved the 1st one, but never finished it. I ended up getting stuck in a warehouse filled with Assault Rifle baddies and was getting my ass kicked. I've been silently hoping for a sequel for a while though.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

insektmute

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 01:33:36 pm »
I've wanted a Mirror's Edge sequel for years, and I still do, but considering recent policy changes at EA, it's hard to be optimistic about it. At the rate they're going, it'll turn into a cover-based shooter with a 6 hour campaign that's stuffed full of microtransactions and multiplayer DLC.

jobocan

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 01:36:00 pm »
The first one was great. One of the more under-rated games of the generation if you ask me. The story was bad, but who cares? The gameplay was great and that's the only thing that matters.

I hope they actually do finally make a sequel.

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 05:23:36 am »
The first was awesome. Hell im stoked about this!! Hope its true!
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 11:54:14 am »
I loved the first one I hope this gets out before the whole "microtransactions in all EA games"

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 02:33:03 pm »
Just as long as they switch to third person view like it should have been from the start.

scott

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 02:36:09 pm »
Actually I think that it being in first person is what made it unique. For me, if it was 3rd person, it would have just been another 3D platformer.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

insektmute

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 03:56:39 pm »
What Scott said. The game wasn't perfect, but when you're clipping along at a fast pace, sliding and ducking and leaping between buildings in 1st person, it's really quite an experience.

jcalder8

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 07:48:27 pm »
I'm with scott and insektmute on this one. The first person aspect is what made the game for me.