Author Topic: Got a Sega Saturn.... Need games  (Read 2725 times)

Re: Got a Sega Saturn.... Need games
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2013, 12:18:06 pm »
One of the cheapest rpg games on saturn and I kinda like it is Dark Savior. But if you want cheap, pick up Astal, for me one of the best platform games that I ever played, I love the music and the art style. I have Area 51 and Hexen to sell because I dont like light gun/first person shooters for those consoles. I can give you a good deal and also add some extra ( I have also Tomb Raider, Virtual Cop and Virtual fighter 2)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2013, 01:46:16 pm »
Virtual Cop and Virtual fighter 2

I think everyone that owns a Saturn has those 2 games, lol.

Not that I'm saying that there's anything wrong with those games, they're good games. Just VERY common.

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2013, 02:48:32 pm »
Virtual Cop and Virtual fighter 2

I think everyone that owns a Saturn has those 2 games, lol.

Not that I'm saying that there's anything wrong with those games, they're good games. Just VERY common.

yeah I know, I mentioned it because I will give it to him for free if he want to buy the other ones :)

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2013, 04:32:39 pm »
How much are you looking for all of it just out of curiosity?

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2013, 02:28:45 am »
So i just received a few of the games I ordered and unfortunately all of the cases have been damaged in transit... So i guess that makes my decision a little easier. I'm going to go disc only and make my own DVD cases and covers. I'm a little disappointed but I guess I'll save some money in the long run.

Another question while we're talking about the Saturn, people keep saying to go for imports... the only question I have about that is do the Japanese imports have english subtitles at all? I'm not a big fan of playing a game and not knowing whats going on.

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2013, 03:32:27 am »
So i just received a few of the games I ordered and unfortunately all of the cases have been damaged in transit... So i guess that makes my decision a little easier. I'm going to go disc only and make my own DVD cases and covers. I'm a little disappointed but I guess I'll save some money in the long run.

Another question while we're talking about the Saturn, people keep saying to go for imports... the only question I have about that is do the Japanese imports have english subtitles at all? I'm not a big fan of playing a game and not knowing whats going on.
Oh man! that sucks about the cases, I love how Saturn cases look but they were made of the worst plastic ever.
As for imports most of the best imports are Japanese Shoot 'em' ups and 2D fighting games, mostly in English

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2014, 01:00:30 pm »
Many of the games you would want to import have no reading requirement, so games like First Person Shooters, Fighters, Puzzle games etc.  There are some that actually are in english and some can be played with an online guide (for translating) .  Some have English patches available like Shining Force III.  Stay away from dating sims and you should be just fine, youtube the imports you're interested in to make sure you can follow.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2014, 01:02:37 pm »
Fighters and shoot-em ups, sure, you don't need to know the story to have a good time. But first-person shooters? The story is pretty integral to those.

sin2beta

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2014, 07:06:45 pm »
Fighters and shoot-em ups, sure, you don't need to know the story to have a good time. But first-person shooters? The story is pretty integral to those.

Now the stories might be. But these are Saturn era shooters. These were defined by Id (in more ways than one). They purposefully had no story essentially. Doom = "You're in Hell, shoot demons. Plus, there is some marine stuff in a flimsy story to make Tom Hall happy" Quake = "You're in Hell, shoot demons. Plus, you are Romero's D and D character". In the words of Stan Lee, 'nuff said.

But I'm curious why FPS is a genre of games you want to import for the saturn? It's a pretty bad system for them.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c