Author Topic: Anyone still get gaming magazines?  (Read 4902 times)

Re: Anyone still get gaming magazines?
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2014, 06:51:09 pm »
My bad for assuming, then. Similarity in names and avatars even.

If the avatar and the name are the same it was me :p. I probably created an account to comment on an article I found particularly interesting and just forgot that I created the account. I've never seen anyone use that combination of names before (Shenmue+Zone of the Enders mech) so it is 100% mine lol.

Were you on the GameSpot Legacy Boards? I could just be getting my memory mixed-up since I was using both that board and the Racketboy board at the same time. I was a regular there before they moved the site and ruined it (although I was already contemplating leaving due to a re-occurring troll that wasn't getting handled right and ruining the board).

haha yes I was a longtime Gamespot user! What was your account on there? I remember that troll, Another48Hours right? I was fine with Gamespot until they abandoned their legacy community when they revamped the site several months ago. On top of that, I believe they removed the collection feature so my entire collection was lost on that site. All well, this place is better anyways :)

EmeraldWarrior420

And yeah, that's the troll. This site is definitely better.

I thought it was you when you mentioned Gamespot :p. Yeah, so far I like it a lot. Wow, well hello again Emerald, I mean burningdoom :)

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2014, 12:37:24 am »
Similar situation...  IGN also had a pretty awesome collection listing before they also revamped the site.  I just wanted to mention and relate.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2014, 09:23:49 am »
Similar situation...  IGN also had a pretty awesome collection listing before they also revamped the site.  I just wanted to mention and relate.

As mainstream gaming websites I guess you can't blame them for removing the collection features on their websites and pretty much abandoning collectors/retro gamers. While both are gaining popularity, retro gaming and especially collecting are a pretty niche thing compared to how many people who only own a 360 or PS3 and only buy newer games. Still sucks though.

brunauss

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2014, 12:44:26 pm »
I will pick up reading game informer again, when I have the new consoles.
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

spac316

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2014, 05:21:37 pm »
Yep, I get EGM and recently subbed to Retro Magazine!

fiveforfightng

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2014, 09:48:10 pm »
I still get my GI in the mail every month, for about three years.
Now Playing: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive