Author Topic: A request ...  (Read 1167 times)

soera

A request ...
« on: February 12, 2014, 01:30:29 pm »
When selecting something to add to collection, you get 4 options at the bottom : Cart/disk, box, manual, other. But not every item we add is a game. Is it possible to change cart/disk to "item"?

Re: A request ...
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 02:06:52 pm »
The word Item is somewhat vague. Unless it was listed as cart/disk/item.
Or... if it wasn't in a game category, example: hardware / swag, it would say hardware/item instead of cart/disk.

scott

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 02:18:45 pm »
If I remember correctly, the original forms for things like Strategy Guides was set up for different fields to be shown if selected. But when we had our huge server crash it went to one form for everything. Mostly, I believe, in order to get ourselves back up and running as soon as possible.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 02:21:15 pm »
Without discussing my stance on the swag section, I'm going to have to vote no, since the majority of items in a collection are in fact, games. You could always check the "other" box, since it's not a game.

EDIT: Or we could do what Scott and badATchaos suggested and get the subcategory lists back up. That's probably a lot better for both parties.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 02:22:52 pm by exonerator »

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 03:21:15 pm »
i don't really care either way. I'm not really here to list all the Mario and Yoshi shirts I have.

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 03:59:08 pm »
The word Item is somewhat vague. Unless it was listed as cart/disk/item.
Or... if it wasn't in a game category, example: hardware / swag, it would say hardware/item instead of cart/disk.

I agree. The term "item" would be vague for someone new to the site. It could mean an instruction manual or anything.
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01