Author Topic: Disney Infinity discontinued.  (Read 2481 times)

aliensstudios

Re: Disney Infinity discontinued.
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2016, 04:58:32 pm »
Hmm, surprising. Collectors going of a complete DI set can rejoice though.

There are several Disney Infinity figures I think look great and would love to collect.  I'm going to have to keep an eye out at Toys 'R Us.  They have the largest assortment of figures I have seen anywhere.  I've wanted the Marvel figures and some of the Disney figures like Sorcerer Mickey and the latest Mickey Mouse that you can't seem to find anywhere.   :o

It just really sucks because there are so many characters that I would have loved to see immortalized in plastic.  How cool would a Doctor Strange figure be?
I'd buy Scrooge McDuck in a heartbeat.

Oh yeah.  Wouldn't a new playset with Uncle Scrooge and Launchpad be awesome?  Then they could have 3-pack figures of Huey, Dewey and Louie and the Beagle Boys!
That'd be insanely awesome. Missed opportunity Disney?
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

Flashback2012

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2016, 02:29:15 am »

I've been working on that off and on. A couple of weeks ago I picked up most of the Star Wars Rebels figures as Meijer had them on sale. I've got all of the figures for 1.0 and 2.0 and only need a few power discs from both series to be complete. What's funny is I have a bunch of the 3.0 figures already but still haven't picked up the game. :o I've been trying to find a decently priced PS4 bundle that has Boba Fett and the extra figures in it.

I still think they could have squeaked out a 4th game to wrap up all of the loose ends and release the characters I mentioned in my last post (though I did forget about Launchpad McQuack).

gf78

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2016, 08:53:24 am »

I've been working on that off and on. A couple of weeks ago I picked up most of the Star Wars Rebels figures as Meijer had them on sale. I've got all of the figures for 1.0 and 2.0 and only need a few power discs from both series to be complete. What's funny is I have a bunch of the 3.0 figures already but still haven't picked up the game. :o I've been trying to find a decently priced PS4 bundle that has Boba Fett and the extra figures in it.

I still think they could have squeaked out a 4th game to wrap up all of the loose ends and release the characters I mentioned in my last post (though I did forget about Launchpad McQuack).

I was a latecomer to the "toys to life" party and didn't buy Disney Infinity 3.0 until several months after it was released.  I lucked into the PS4 bundle with Boba Fett, but it was the only one at any GameStop within Missouri and Illinois according to their system.   :o  Haven't seen it anywhere else.  My only real reason for wanting that particular set was because Boba Fett had not yet been released as a stand-alone figure.

Honestly though flash, the only difference is the outer box.  Fett is available separately.  Inside the box is the standard Asoka and Anakin set, Boba Fett inside his standard blister card pack and Luke & Leia in their standard blister pack.  They just stuck it all in one big box and sold it like that.  So unless you are really concerned with that outer slipcase, there is no reason to hold out for that set.  Just pick up the standard one and the separate figures if you don't have them and you've got it. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us