Author Topic: Adding games to own list  (Read 774 times)

Adding games to own list
« on: November 25, 2014, 04:10:55 pm »
The process of adding titles is rather cumbersome and sometimes means I duplicate a title twice by mistake.  Is there a possibility you could exclude already added titles from the list when in add mode?

tpugmire

Re: Adding games to own list
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 04:28:45 pm »
Some people, myself included, have more than one copy of a particular game. That is why the system allows you to add multiples of the same item.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 04:33:47 pm »
Entries say "In Collection" in the non-collection lists, so I don't see how one can accidentally add duplicates to a collection.

retromangia

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 04:58:32 pm »
The process of adding titles is not cumbersome at all Matthew.  In fact, it couldn't get any easier. Come on man, you can do it.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 05:47:58 pm »
Some people, myself included, have more than one copy of a particular game. That is why the system allows you to add multiples of the same item.

Stopped by to say the same - (not surprisingly @ a video game collection site like this), A LOT of us have multiple copies of games that we like being able to list separately for various reasons...what you're saying & asking would take away all of our ability to do so; basically = that's not going to happen :P

Besides, what is it about adding items that you're finding cumbersome & confusing?

While, I think, everything here is pretty basic & streamlined...like anything else - it takes learning, practice, and getting used to.

I know that I (and I'm not alone:) certainly made mistakes & bungled plenty of shit when I 1st got here :-[

All of that said - if you're unsure of anything and/or need some help & explanations...don't be shy about asking for help.  This is a pretty friendly & helpful kind of community here so, ask away! ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"