Author Topic: What is your biggest fear/phobia  (Read 3289 times)

Re: What is your biggest fear/phobia
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2015, 10:31:20 am »

This pretty much is it for me. I hate spiders.

So this would be a no-go for you then eh? ;)

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2015, 10:33:58 am »
I would say Claustrophobia for me. I can't stand it when people get in my personal space.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2015, 11:26:24 am »
I hate you leaf..... lol
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2015, 01:08:20 pm »
When I first saw pictures and videos of the Huntsman spider I thought they were fake. Nope, that's real. :D

thekosmickollector

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2015, 05:16:44 pm »
It's moths for me. Can't stand the buggers.

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2015, 06:51:48 pm »
Water, heights, and public speaking. I'm a fun person to be around. :P Tornado and air raid sirens also freak me out, but I think that's just a side effect of growing up in Tornado Alley. There are some sounds you will never forget.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2015, 07:17:47 pm »
Water, heights, and public speaking. I'm a fun person to be around. :P Tornado and air raid sirens also freak me out, but I think that's just a side effect of growing up in Tornado Alley. There are some sounds you will never forget.

I would hate to live in Tornado Alley.... Ill take earthquakes over those haha. We had a micro burst go through once and that was bad

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2015, 11:17:22 pm »
injections. cant watch them on tv its that bad.
not a fan of clowns.
clowns with injections.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2015, 11:49:26 pm »
not a fan of clowns.

Same here, not in a phobia type of way though, more of an urge to punch them in the face type of way... too violent?

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2015, 12:41:10 am »

I would hate to live in Tornado Alley.... Ill take earthquakes over those haha. We had a micro burst go through once and that was bad

Having experienced a couple earthquakes (small ones, mind), I think I'd prefer them over tornadoes too. I know earthquakes have the potential to be considerably more destructive, but few things are worse than that sense of dread I get when I start thinking the sky looks a little green or the clouds are taking on suspicious shapes. An earthquake is over in seconds. You can hear a tornado coming long before it can touch you, if it actually touches you. That wait just gets me every time.

But I gotta say I don't envy the family I have in the gulf. They have to deal with hurricanes.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2015, 09:48:57 am »

Having experienced a couple earthquakes (small ones, mind), I think I'd prefer them over tornadoes too. I know earthquakes have the potential to be considerably more destructive, but few things are worse than that sense of dread I get when I start thinking the sky looks a little green or the clouds are taking on suspicious shapes. An earthquake is over in seconds. You can hear a tornado coming long before it can touch you, if it actually touches you. That wait just gets me every time.

But I gotta say I don't envy the family I have in the gulf. They have to deal with hurricanes.

Nothing could be worse or scarier than a 'lack-o-Laudunum;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2015, 01:18:17 pm »
^ Haha. I know many people who would tell you the opposite. :P

Back on topic, I've never liked being in rural areas. Urban areas aren't exactly safe, I know, but something about being in a place where your nearest neighbor could be miles away just never sat right with me. I'm not exactly a social butterfly, but I like to at least have a neighbor nearby if something goes wrong. No joke, I have a great aunt in rural Texas who has to take a shotgun with her every time she checks the mail because there are packs of wild dogs and boars around her house. She's also 68 with arthritis. She's one tough cookie.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2015, 02:19:52 pm »
^ I'm the exact opposite.  I don't like cities.  I like to visit, but I could never live there.  I grew up with my nearest neighbor being my uncle that was 1/2 mile or so away.  Rural Arkansas... They write banjo songs about it.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 02:57:32 pm by turf »

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2015, 02:53:32 pm »
^ I'm the exact opposite.  I don't like cities.  I like to visit, but I could never live there.  I grew up with my nearest neighbor being my uncle that was 1/2 mile or so away.  Rural Arkansas... They right banjo songs about it.
I am like you, but I hate big cities, cause I have lived in the big city all my life.

I would like to buy a large chunk of land in like the woods somewhere, build a nice size house and get away from all the noise.

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2015, 02:42:09 am »
insects in general bug me out, but most def spiders are way worse than any insect
nothing gets my fight/flight response going quite like a spider sneaking up on me in the shower/bed/creeping down from the ceiling
 >:(  :-[  :o