Author Topic: The "New" 3DS  (Read 8249 times)

Re: The "New" 3DS
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2015, 04:30:32 pm »
I was so close to pulling the trigger on a red or black one. I decided I'm gonna save up because I might be going to work in Japan this fall.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 04:32:34 pm by badATchaos »

« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2015, 04:52:03 pm »
I was so close to pulling the trigger on a red or black one. I decided I'm gonna save up because I might be going to work in Japan this fall.  ;D

Oh man, that would be a heck of a place to go to work at.  I'm very jealous if you get there lol

desocietas

« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2015, 03:52:32 pm »
I hear a rumor that there may be more MM 3DS XLs available for web-in-store purchase at Gamestop.  Call your Gamestop to see!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

bobster

« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2015, 04:46:11 pm »
I was at my gamestop about 30 minutes ago and one person there got off the phone and said the monster hunter 4 bundle just went live. If that helps anyone.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

desocietas

« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2015, 04:47:42 pm »
I was at my gamestop about 30 minutes ago and one person there got off the phone and said the monster hunter 4 bundle just went live. If that helps anyone.

Yep, reports from a few places that it's live right now.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2015, 07:44:47 pm »
Does anyone know of any good rubber grips for the New 3DS? After playing for an hour, you start to realize how not great it is to hold one, compared to say a proper controller.  I remember when I had a GBA SP years ago and that I got one for that which really helped out for longer game times that you find having with experiences like Zelda and soon I'll be playing Xenoblade Chronicles, another long term game.  Figured I'd run to Toys R Us and see if they had any, but figured I'd get some opinions on anyone that had one or knows of them.

« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2015, 01:26:48 am »
amazon has Hori licensed protectors for the new 3ds xl.
i just picked one up
rubbery, adds a fair amount of grip
and it's see through, so i can show off my rad limited edition
i wasn't able to spot any at local stores
has to be specifically made for the new 3ds, cuz all the ports are in diff places than the old xl

« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2015, 02:10:02 am »
i just picked one up
has to be specifically made for the new 3ds, cuz all the ports are in diff places than the old xl

Got a link on Amazon to this Hori grip? I couldn't find it browsing through.

« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2015, 09:24:18 am »
I will say first up, Nintendo doesn't know how to name anything anymore.  Wii? Wii U? New Super Mario Brothers? New 3DS? Why can't they bring back the "Super" name? Super 3DS.  Doesn't that sound infinitely better? lol

If they called it Super 3DS, parents would think it also played Super Nintendo games or something. :D  I usually wait until the inevitable price drop to buy a new Nintendo handheld, I'm not really into exclusive ones too much.  Who knows, they might make a slightly improved one by that time.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 09:27:58 am by gartcat »

« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2015, 11:41:24 am »
i just picked one up

Got a link on Amazon to this Hori grip? I couldn't find it browsing through.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RZ7TC6Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

krelyan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2015, 02:37:55 pm »
After playing Monster Hunter 4 recently, I decided I'll be upgrading from XL.   But a little surprised they only have two colors available currently.  Guess I'll be waiting for a blue or white.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 02:39:44 pm by krelyan »

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PS4), Fire Emblem Fates, The Witness (PS4), Puzzle & Dragons (Mobile)

desocietas

« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2015, 02:43:28 pm »
After playing Monster Hunter 4 recently, I decided I'll be upgrading from XL.   But a little surprised they only have two colors available currently.  Guess I'll be waiting for a blue or white.

The nub takes a little getting used to but it's starting to get a lot easier to use.  Though with the custom controller mod available now, I'm starting to seriously considering modding my old 3DS so that I can play MH4U with a PS2 controller...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2015, 03:32:20 pm »
The nub takes a little getting used to but it's starting to get a lot easier to use.  Though with the custom controller mod available now, I'm starting to seriously considering modding my old 3DS so that I can play MH4U with a PS2 controller...

The nub is usable, though in Majora's Mask, I found myself really trying to turn with it at times, but because the grip isn't that great, it's kinda hard.  I wish they had just made it another sliding analog or something.  Better than nothing though.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RZ7TC6Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Oh, what I was looking for was not just added grip to the system, but a proper handhold for the system.  Something like this.

http://www.amazon.com/dreamGEAR-Nintendo-3DS-Comfort-Grip-Transparent/dp/B004LQRENK/ref=sr_1_6?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1427484828&sr=1-6&keywords=Nintendo+3DS+XL+grip

Gives me something to actually hold onto.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 03:34:21 pm by kamikazekeeg »

krelyan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2015, 06:24:43 pm »

Will have to look into that.  I'm currently using the Circle Pad Pro attachment and while it gets the job down it sucks to not have access to the stylus slot.  If I take it out, I often lose it in the couch/bed and have to spend 15 minutes trying to find it.  That and the 3DS shoulder buttons are pretty much useless with the thing.

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PS4), Fire Emblem Fates, The Witness (PS4), Puzzle & Dragons (Mobile)