Author Topic: New Neo Geo?  (Read 1233 times)

New Neo Geo?
« on: August 14, 2012, 04:03:33 am »
So I've heard there is going to be a new Neo Geo that comes with like a handheld and is modeled after the AES. I apologize I dont know the name of it or a lot of info, but from what I understand it's going to be like an AES emulator?
If thats the case I dont know how I feel about that, in one sense I think it's cool that more people can experience "classic" AES games, but in another, why not just buy the real thing because I think the AES is very niche anyway and doesnt really appeal to a lot of people. There is really only one reason to own it to play it and that's if you're like obsessed with 2D fighting games. Im not saying that all the games for it are fighting games, but basically that IS all thats on it.

What are your thoughts?

psydswipe

Re: New Neo Geo?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 06:51:47 am »
There is an older thread about it here: http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,557.0.html. I did see some news posts on it yesterday. It's called the Neo Geo X Gold and will cost $199.99. It's a handheld that has a charger that can be used like a plug n play device to play on the television. I think most people would opt to just use a PC emulator to play the 20 games that come preloaded on it. Maybe it does more than play those game though, I didn't look into the details.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 06:53:28 am by psydswipe »

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 12:29:34 pm »

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 12:43:27 pm »
for those too lazy for links.
idunno i think it looks pretty sweet, but at 200 seems a little steep for 2012
havent we all played the shit outta samarai showdown and all?
(i wish the 3ds had a charging cradle like that though)

psydswipe

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 01:15:29 pm »
It looks like there is a non gold version for $129.99. That's just the handheld with no charging/plug n play adapter.
http://neogeox.com/NeoGeo/NeoGeox

scott

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 01:54:07 pm »
That's sexy, I still want it. But with all the money I'm spending on Reaper and Red Box's kickstarters AND the money I need to save up for ReaperCon in April, I don't see one of those in my near future... :(
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread