Author Topic: Last of us glitching at 68 percent through?  (Read 932 times)

Last of us glitching at 68 percent through?
« on: August 02, 2016, 07:42:55 pm »
It keeps glitching at the very same spot, called "go big horns" mission.  it either wont load at all or it will load but have broken maps and texture troubles. one time it loaded fine but then broke half way through the mission.  am I looking at a faulty disc or a faulty console that is slowly dying? has anyone had a ps3 that wont load right and is it the sign of death?  I am so discouraged. mostly because I love the game and am so anxious to finish it I hope the ps3 isn't breaking.  thanks for any ideas  :(

rayne315

Re: Last of us glitching at 68 percent through?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 07:50:51 pm »
did you check to see if the disc was smudged? a single fingerprint is enough to cause the disc to stop working if its in the wrong place. other than that no I have not had any issues with my copy.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 07:56:39 pm »
did you check to see if the disc was smudged? a single fingerprint is enough to cause the disc to stop working if its in the wrong place. other than that no I have not had any issues with my copy.

To the naked eye it looks flawless but I am not sure if it was resurfaced or if it has a factory error. It was playing smooth up until that part. I even played through the entire game again and it messed up at the same spot.  I am going to try to swap the disc tommarow. if that doesn't work then I might be looking at a disc drive problem. which would suck.  :-\
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 08:00:01 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 04:29:35 pm »

I was able to fix it by doing a database rebuild and a file system restore.  :D