Author Topic: iPhone or Android: Which is your choice and why?  (Read 2306 times)

gf78

Re: iPhone or Android: Which is your choice and why?
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2016, 08:46:48 am »
I have a soft spot for iOS since the 2nd gen iPod touch was the first "smart" device I ever owned and I loved it.  However, the two phones I have owned since ditching flip phones/keyboard phones have both been Android.  One of the biggest determinants for me is the option for external storage.  I also like the more open nature and customizability of the platform.

I get where you are coming from with iPods.  They were far & away better than the alternatives on the market when they came on the scene.  I also use an iPad right now for most of my "computer" stuff.  I think that is simply because I already had it and AT&T hasn't had any really good deals on Android tablets of the same size.  I have an LG 7" tablet that they gave me for free, but it's slow (as expected for free) and doesn't do anything better than my iPad.  But believe me, if a decent Samsung tablet of equivalent size comes along on a deal, I will most assuredly pick it up.  If for nothing else, because everything else in my house runs on Android and I reaaallllllly like Samsung stuff. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

gf78

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2016, 08:50:08 am »
My wife and I ordered two of the standing, wireless Samsung fast chargers last night online.  With the "always on" screen option on the new S7/Edge phones, it will be perfect.

For those who don't know, the "always on" lets you have a clock on the screen with some additional info such as battery, email notifications, calendar, etc.  It's dim and it moves around so it's not in the same spot.  Basically, it uses less battery to leave it on than to constantly push the home button to turn your screen on to see the time, etc.  Since we have gotten the phones, I've seen it use about 2-3% of my battery power in the course of 17 hours.  That's the time when I take it off the charger in the morning until I put it back on at night (5AM-10PM). 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

Warmsignal

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2016, 09:36:17 am »
Android because it was the first mobile platform I used, and I'm accustomed to it. Had the same Motorola for 4 years or more, dropped it many times with no damage, and it's a relatively inexpensive phone compared to iPhone. Does what I need it to, and I don't have to fool around with proprietary software for any reason. Also not going to lie the trendiness of the iPhone kind of repels me away from it too.

So if I had to choose again, probably Android again.

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2016, 11:24:26 am »
I am definitely an Android guy. I am a huge fan of most Apple products, especially OSX, but I have not been a fan of how much control Apple likes to have over their customer's products, especially in regards to data. With Android there is nearly limitless freedom and potential to manage your data and do whatever you want with it. I also find Android OS s lot easier to use, but that is matter of personal preference.