Author Topic: Ever get gaming burnout? What about people who sell their collection?  (Read 3099 times)

Re: Ever get gaming burnout? What about people who sell their collection?
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2016, 08:51:34 pm »
I haven't gotten burnout. I get spurts where I don't buy anything new for awhile. But for me thats part of reason for the collection. No cash? Play one of the 400+ games I already own. I could be pushed into selling if some kind of goal or crisis came up but short of that no. I like my collection. I do prune the collection of jank and unwanted titles from time to time as the only console I want a full set for is Dreamcast. And honestly I am really thinking on selling my N64 collection. I don't really play it and I have some really good trade bait that could go towards my Dreamcast Collection.

hanky

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2016, 05:17:56 pm »
To be honest, I don't really play that much any longer, as I did e.g. 10 years ago. Today, it's mostly handheld (for the comfy, when having a small child in my home) and quick arcade-sessions on my candycab (30 minutes or so). Still doesn't hold me back from collecting games, as I simply love the media too much, not to care. I enjoy walking in to our apartment, and just take a view at the collection.

Regarding the whole sell-my-collection thing, I've been there once. At a point where I hit the 700 titles, I was suddenly supposed to be "the grown up" at home, when we were about to have our first child. So, I sold my entire collection, every single piece of it. As the first 6 months passed by, I slowly started to collect them all again, of course almost ending up paying double compared to what I sold mine for. Not a single day passes by, where I don't come to think of it with regret.

I would NEVER sell anything ever again. Guess I had to learn the hard way :)

dreama1

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2016, 05:47:39 pm »
To be honest, I don't really play that much any longer, as I did e.g. 10 years ago. Today, it's mostly handheld (for the comfy, when having a small child in my home) and quick arcade-sessions on my candycab (30 minutes or so). Still doesn't hold me back from collecting games, as I simply love the media too much, not to care. I enjoy walking in to our apartment, and just take a view at the collection.

Regarding the whole sell-my-collection thing, I've been there once. At a point where I hit the 700 titles, I was suddenly supposed to be "the grown up" at home, when we were about to have our first child. So, I sold my entire collection, every single piece of it. As the first 6 months passed by, I slowly started to collect them all again, of course almost ending up paying double compared to what I sold mine for. Not a single day passes by, where I don't come to think of it with regret.

I would NEVER sell anything ever again. Guess I had to learn the hard way :)
Oh god lol you regretted it in 6 months? A year didn't even pass lmao.

hanky

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2016, 05:51:49 pm »
Yup, it was just way harder to put a twelve-year old hobby on the shelf like that, than I thought  :-\

#Feelsbadman

alkaid

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2016, 05:13:36 am »
I don't have money to spend too often, so I guess there's enough time between when I do and don't have any that I don't get burnt out collecting. It probably helps that I've barely collected anything so far and there's still so many more games to buy and play that I've never been able to before, so it keeps me excited. There's a folder on my computer with images of lists and text of lists of recommended games and I want to get to all of them and more.

I would never ever sell my collection, especially since I'm one of those people who prefer a little comfy clutter than empty space. I wouldn't mind having lots of wires around and games stacked on the floor as I sit in front of my TV wrapped in blankets, it'd be super cozy. There's also so many games I love, I'd want to replay them the minute after I'd sold it.

Playing games, I'm usually not able to play one single game all day, I jump around. If I get tired of playing, I go on forums, watch videos, read a book, get something to eat, then in few hours I'm back to playing again.
No, really.