Author Topic: What do you dread cataloging for your collection?  (Read 1445 times)

shfan

Re: What do you dread cataloging for your collection?
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2016, 09:07:43 pm »
Anything non-game or non-standard or anything where I've hodge-podged part of my collection onto here but not all of it.

It's good to contribute, don't get me wrong, and I like to add things to the database and work on existing listings, but being an EU gamer means that there's big gaps on VGCollect in everything except the most standard COD type stuff. It's just having the time.

I've already done:

*Xbox - made several additional listings which need covers, several of the existing listings also have NA covers on EU games, or no covers at all.
*PS2 - This involved making a lot of new listings for games published by Agetec, 505 Games, Essential Games and Midas, mostly Simple 2000 Series games, I didn't add covers at the time but Metshael added covers for the vast majority, what a star.
*Gamecube - Fairly painless, needed to make some new listings but nothing major.
*Several consoles, particularly the GameBoy series, added or mostly added.
*PS3 & Vita - easy enough.

Need to do:

*Xbox 360 - partially added but a lot more to go and a lot of them will need database entries. This is my 'base' console of the generation so the vast majority of games released during this generation will be on here if i want them. Having added so many I'll have to check against the Backloggery to see which are missing.
*Wii - this is a real headache, there were a lot of obscure titles released in PAL territories and several of them aren't going to be here. The Wii is a console I specifically collect for.
*DS and PSP - ditto, really not looking forward to these.
*PC - not only are most not going to be here, getting cover scans for them isn't going to be easy unless I do it myself, laborious.
*Promo games - awkward.
*Strategy guides - ugh.
*Hardware - sad now :(

It'll all be worth it, it's gratifying to see other site users populating their lists with games that you've made listings for, it'll also be nice to put a number on the collection, just wish I had more time.