Author Topic: What do you dread cataloging for your collection?  (Read 1448 times)

What do you dread cataloging for your collection?
« on: December 01, 2016, 05:45:30 am »
For me it is my disc games. I just have so many and I probably never do it unless I have a day to kill. Super Nintendo games are still on my back burner too.

Re: What do you dread cataloging for your collection?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 08:27:25 am »
Magazines, books, strategy guides, figurines, etc.

azure

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 09:47:07 am »
Magazines, books, strategy guides, figurines, etc.

The same for me.

tripredacus

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 10:00:23 am »
I have everything in my collection already, but I think I did not keep good track of the condition of some things. Such as, if I have the manual or not. And I run into situations sometimes where I think I have something and then I can't find it. Most recent for me was that I should have a boxed copy of Super Monaco GP, which I wanted to find to compare to the recent version I got with the ESRB logo on it... but I can't find it. So there is always that aspect.

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 10:23:23 am »
At least on here I only catalog my actual games, just because I like to keep track of how many I have and for what collections.

Once I reach the milestone of 2000 games which is looking to happen a lot sooner than I expected, I actually wanted to actually find the market value of my entire collection for the sake of insuring it. I also think it would be interesting/useful to know this in the event, god forbid, I ever had to sell my collection. I know the values on stuff goes up and down all the time, but I would like to at least capture how much it's worth at a recent point in time.

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 10:24:59 am »
Gameing magazines

sworddude

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 11:54:07 am »
If you do everything at ones it might be a pain but if you only add a few items at a time when adding stuff it can't be to bad.

I can imagine figurines etc being though, especially the cheap figures of mcdonalds etc wich some people list in their collection, or even key chaines.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

rayne315

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2016, 12:06:58 pm »
I have a bookcase filled with un-catalogued games. not just 1 row on the case but the entirety of it. 6 foot tall ~2 foot wide and about a foot deep. filled with games that are a combination of not catalogued and un alphabetized. so that scares me to try and organize ~500 games
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2016, 12:45:08 pm »
I just log games in when I finish cleaning them so it is not an issue

Warmsignal

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2016, 01:56:09 pm »
Nothing? I like to put in a new addition. Takes of couple of seconds.

I've not entered all of my Atari games yet because they're stored away right now, and my Vectrex games, I dunno why I haven't done them.

Flashback2012

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2016, 02:09:52 pm »
Lots of things. Hardware/Accessories, Strategy Guides, Swag, Demo discs.  :o

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2016, 04:06:53 pm »
Like some have said, going through and making note on which games I have manuals for will be tedious. The big one I had right before I moved though was testing all of my games to make sure they at least load. That was a pain. But that poses a question to you all, how many games do you have that you never tested...

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2016, 04:27:51 pm »
Like some have said, going through and making note on which games I have manuals for will be tedious. The big one I had right before I moved though was testing all of my games to make sure they at least load. That was a pain. But that poses a question to you all, how many games do you have that you never tested...

Probably a third :/ .. . .

tripredacus

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2016, 07:12:10 pm »
You know, I was thinking about this question and I am having an idea about something not relating to the site. I collect PC games pretty heavy and I have a lot of discs that are collections. I would say that is one thing I have been putting off. Making out a list of all the multi-game discs I have and what is included on each of them. I have plans to finally get to start playing some of those games, so I will need to do that eventually.

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2016, 12:09:51 pm »
I only catalogue games, so I don't have to worry about the consoles, magazine, accessories, etc. I guess the only things that I would dread listing would be games that are pretty taboo, but I don't have any of those.