Author Topic: The 3DS Games Discussion  (Read 1955 times)

darko

The 3DS Games Discussion
« on: March 05, 2012, 05:22:06 pm »
So I've had a 3DS since launch and only recently started picking up games for it. I have:

Ocarina of Time
Bust-A-Move Universe
Ridge Racer 3D
Asphalt 3D (give me a break, it was $3)
Tales of the Abyss (ordered)

There aren't that many options out there right now and I really want to get into the system before they start putting out great stuff on the Vita and my 3DS takes a back seat.

I was about to head out and pick up RE: Revelations but thought I'd check with the community first. Has anyone played it? Anything else I should consider (other than Mario Kart and Mario Bros.)?

killerchameleon

Re: The 3DS Games Discussion
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 05:38:02 pm »
My brother has Resident Evil, the little bit I played was enough to convince me that it’s a must have game on the 3DS.  Plus it came with the expansion analog thumb stick that in its self is awesome.  

scott

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 07:02:27 pm »
Currently I only have Ocarina of Time and Star Fox 64. I was also planning on getting Resident Evil: Revelations next, or possibly Tales of the Abyss.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jobocan

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 07:17:17 pm »
Mario and Mario Kart... :P I know you said not to mention them, but they really are great games (Super Mario 3D Land starts out quite easy, but it gets quite tough in the extra levels).

Otherwise...
Star Fox 64 3D is as amazingly awesome as it was on the N64.
Nano Assault is decent but a bit too short (worth it for cheap).
Samurai Warriors Chronicles is really good... but getting Dynasty Warriors Next on the Vita should be a pretty much equivalent experience so it's your call.
I've heard great things about Devil Survivor Overclocked but I have yet to check it out myself.
On the downloadable side, Pushmo is actually quite good. It starts out stupidly easy, but quickly enough the puzzles get quite good.
The best VC titles are probably Donkey Kong, Gargoyle's Quest and Link's Awakening DX.

And Kid Icarus Uprising is coming out this month, I'm pretty hyped for that.

amauriel

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 12:52:31 am »
I've actually gotten a ton of 3DS games so far, more than I should admit as the choices are pretty limited still.

I've had the most fun with:

Bit.Trip Saga
Sonic Generations (different levels than the console version)
Skylanders (also different levels than the console version)
Nintendogs + Cats (don't judge! :-P)
Star Fox 64
Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Devil Survivor: Overclocked

My husband has been spending his time with Resident Evil, Mario Kart 7, and Super Mario 3D Land. I haven't started any of them yet.

The only 3DS game I've been disappointed in was Pokemon Rumble Blast. There is almost no story line and it's pretty much a grind fest. Maybe it'll get better, as that's the newest game I've gotten, but I've put probably 4 hours or so into it and am not really impressed.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 07:44:53 am »
I was thinking of picking up resident evil as well played a demo of it and it's pretty awesome, so far the best game i've played is mario kart 7 very cool and the online feature is nice

atariboy

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 03:36:13 pm »
Has anybody tried "James Noir’s Hollywood Crimes" Game for the 3DS? Seems to be getting pretty good reviews but would like an opinion from someone who has tried it. Seems to be a puzzler crime game.  
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

darko

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 08:02:36 pm »
Hmmm...I've never tried it but I'm anxious to hear about it as well. Sounds interesting.

darko

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 10:31:53 am »
Well I played some 3DS games last night.

Resident Evil: Revelations - Looks really good and is very playable without the 2nd analog stick.

Mario Kart 7 - Solid entry into the series.

Mario 3D Land - Looks good and plays like you'd expect.

Nano Assault - Boring gameplay (at least for the first 10 minutes that I played).

I'm probably going to go out and pick up StarFox 64 this afternoon. I'm definitely going to be picking up RE: Rev soon too. I would be picking it up today, but I'm going to wait until I feel like playing another RE game.

jobocan

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2012, 01:39:37 pm »
Nano Assault - Boring gameplay (at least for the first 10 minutes that I played).

I'm probably going to go out and pick up StarFox 64 this afternoon.

Yeah, Nano Assault definitely one of those "not for everyone" games, and even then the only reason I bought it is because I liked the first 2 games in the series (Nanostray and Nanostray 2 on DS), and it wasn't anywhere near as good (for one, it completely changed genres). I liked it, but I wasn't blown away... it kinda feels like they gave up development halfway through, there's barely any subweapons.

Star Fox 64 is awesome though, still one of my favorite games ever, it won't disappoint you :P

darko

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2012, 07:31:10 pm »
Star Fox is a must buy. That's all I really have to say about it after playing it for an hour. The 3D is great.

darko

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 10:54:09 pm »
I got my copy of Tales of the Abyss this weekend and have played about 2 hours of it. It's great! Can't believe I never picked it up before now.

That being said, it seems like the 3D aspect of the game is a little off. You have to hold the 3DS just right or it gets really messy. None of my other games are nearly as touchy.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 02:53:10 pm by darko »

soera

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2012, 11:24:24 pm »
Im just hoping that some of Htimreimer's games show up on 3DS!  :P

jcalder8

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 12:00:33 am »
Im just hoping that some of Htimreimer's games show up on 3DS!  :P
If you are going to wish for something wish that they show up on the Kinect!