Author Topic: GameStop Now Accepting Retro Trade-Ins at ALL Locations!  (Read 5289 times)

Re: GameStop Now Accepting Retro Trade-Ins at ALL Locations!
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2016, 06:40:15 pm »
Is there another gaming retail store so well known for dumpstering inventory if they can't sell it?  Or pulling games from cases to toss the cases to make room?  As shown, they are already ripping off the trade in value on well known valuable games.  My fear is once this all fails they will have a stockpile of retro games that are just tossed into dumpsters yet again making rare games even rarer.  I would love to see a list of what all GS has destroyed over the years.  Scratch that, I would hate to see that list. 

necrosexual

« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2016, 02:11:00 am »
i wish they'd get their shit together tho and, for disc-based old games, demand the original case, art and booklets.
SOME of their retro prices could potentially crash the used ebay market altogether, which is good, but there's always that fear of buying from them online that they're going to give you a generic case, no book, no art and some scratched up piece of garbage.

EDIT: NVM THEY RAISED A LOT OF THE RETRO GAME PRICES TO MATCH THE MARKET DISREGARD THE PRICE COMMENT GOOD FUCKIN JOB GAMESTOP YOU COULDA DONE SOMETHING HELPFUL BUT NAHHHHHHHH

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

desocietas

« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2016, 01:03:08 pm »
i wish they'd get their shit together tho and, for disc-based old games, demand the original case, art and booklets.
SOME of their retro prices could potentially crash the used ebay market altogether, which is good, but there's always that fear of buying from them online that they're going to give you a generic case, no book, no art and some scratched up piece of garbage.

EDIT: NVM THEY RAISED A LOT OF THE RETRO GAME PRICES TO MATCH THE MARKET DISREGARD THE PRICE COMMENT GOOD FUCKIN JOB GAMESTOP YOU COULDA DONE SOMETHING HELPFUL BUT NAHHHHHHHH

Haha, well, this was expected. They did this to all their pre-owned items starting a number of years ago... I remember the good ol' days when they kept price dropping older games but never actually went back and raised them. I got some awesome deals for $5 back then. Then Xenoblade Chronicles happened and others... :'(
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas