Author Topic: NES Sleeves  (Read 4833 times)

matt

NES Sleeves
« on: April 20, 2012, 04:54:46 pm »
This is something that I've always wondered and it's been bothering me as I'm trying to complete some games. Did all NES games come with plastic sleeves? If so, did only Nintendo published games come with the Nintendo branded sleeve?

scott

Re: NES Sleeves
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 04:59:17 pm »
I've wondered this as well. I believe all my NES carts had sleeves, some black and some Nintendo. But I'd have to believe it was something like SNES games, where they eventually stopped putting the dust cover in the box (which ALWAYS annoyed the hell out of me).
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 08:32:33 pm »
As far as I know, every NES game come with a sleeve. And I think the Nintendo labeled ones only come with Nintendo brand games. Ive never seen an NES game opened and not have a sleeve with it. And I used to open a LOT of games. I worked at a rental store as both the person who handled the video game section and as a game guide through the phone line.

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 09:12:30 pm »
Even the unlicensed games came with sleeves.  All the Tengen games had cardboard ones, and remember the blue ones that came with Wisdom Tree/Color Dreams games.

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 10:56:50 pm »
I have no clue which ones only had plain vs logo.

I believe there was a guy or a group of people dedicated to listing all of the contents of every NES game made...

*EDIT*
Found it:

GameFaqs Link to outdated version:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/nes/916386-nes/faqs/49943

NA thread with a ton more games that have yet to be added to the GameFaq list:
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadid=773

And it looks like not all games had sleeves
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 11:11:29 pm by pceslayer »

matt

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 11:38:29 pm »
Great find. When I originally started VGCollect my intentions were to list these details because I also strive to have 100% complete games.

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 05:26:33 pm »
I was under the impression that first party games had the "Nintendo" logo in red and third party were blank black.

jcalder8

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 08:34:52 pm »
I never would have thought of looking into this.

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2012, 09:18:44 pm »
So how would we go about adding this type of info to the games? Should a contents field be added? Additional images for manuals and other stuff?

jcalder8

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2012, 10:01:35 pm »
So how would we go about adding this type of info to the games? Should a contents field be added? Additional images for manuals and other stuff?
It would go into the description field.