Author Topic: TGS 2023  (Read 633 times)

TGS 2023
« on: September 21, 2023, 02:46:07 pm »
TGS is here, so what are you hoping to see be shown off, either newly revealed or perhaps hoping to see something new on an already released or shown off game?

I've already kinda seen what I was initially hoping for a little bit ago, we got the Separate Ways DLC for RE4 announced and released, and then I was hoping to see a little on the new FF7 game, but they let folks have access to the TGS demo, so I've already seen a decent amount of gameplay, of which that game looks incredible. 

For new stuff, my one big want of this show is a new Monster Hunter.  I didn't get into Rise that much, it was good gameplay, but I thought was held back by being a Switch game, so I'm wanting the big, new, designed for better hardware, new engine, experience.  The 20th anniversary of Monster Hunter is coming up in March, so I'm assume that's when the new game releases, so it would probably be around now that they announce the game perhaps.  Would make me very happy as I loved Monster Hunter World, I think I put 500 hours into that and the DLC (Which is rookie numbers compared to some people, but more than 150 hours for me in a non-multiplayer game is relatively rare lol), and I think I'm just extra hyped as I've been playing the Pokemon Go knockoff version of Monster Hunter on my phone recently lol

*EDIT* Damn, got this all typed up for Monster Hunter and apparently I got the schedule wrong and Capcom already did their showing early, I missed it, and they had nothing for a new Monster Hunter.  Well shoot lol
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 03:04:42 pm by kamikazekeeg »

telekill

Re: TGS 2023
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2023, 04:02:02 pm »
Yeah.... if Capcom already had their show, then there's nothing left for me. I just wish Capcom would stop being cowards and give Dino Crisis the Remake treatment it deserves. They won't touch it though... because... they're cowards.

The only other thing I'd be interested in is Shenmue 4 and that's not happening. So.... I'm left with nothing.

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2023, 04:46:22 pm »
Yeah.... if Capcom already had their show, then there's nothing left for me. I just wish Capcom would stop being cowards and give Dino Crisis the Remake treatment it deserves. They won't touch it though... because... they're cowards.

The only other thing I'd be interested in is Shenmue 4 and that's not happening. So.... I'm left with nothing.

We just need to keep calling Capcom cowards about Dino Crisis, so that they get fed up and go "NUH UH!" and give Dino Crisis the RE Remake treatment lol I say that as someone that never played Dino Crisis, but you give me survival horror with dinosaurs, and I'm 100% on board with that lol

telekill

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2023, 05:28:35 pm »

We just need to keep calling Capcom cowards about Dino Crisis, so that they get fed up and go "NUH UH!" and give Dino Crisis the RE Remake treatment lol I say that as someone that never played Dino Crisis, but you give me survival horror with dinosaurs, and I'm 100% on board with that lol

Assuming it's not vaporware, a game called Instinction, is set to release at some point in 2025 and is said to be a spiritual successor to Dino Crisis. Time will tell if it's ever released, but from what I've seen, it looks good.

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2023, 06:37:28 pm »

Assuming it's not vaporware, a game called Instinction, is set to release at some point in 2025 and is said to be a spiritual successor to Dino Crisis. Time will tell if it's ever released, but from what I've seen, it looks good.

I remember that from awhile back around here being shown off, they had something for it in June that it's coming to Early Access sometime this year, but it's hard to say if it'll be good, it doesn't look like a Dino Crisis style game at all, maybe seems more like it could be a survival crafting/exploration game than that kind of story driven survival horror experience.

telekill

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2023, 07:25:33 pm »
I remember that from awhile back around here being shown off, they had something for it in June that it's coming to Early Access sometime this year, but it's hard to say if it'll be good, it doesn't look like a Dino Crisis style game at all, maybe seems more like it could be a survival crafting/exploration game than that kind of story driven survival horror experience.

Yeah, it was supposed to be a 2022 game. Then a 2023 game. Then they got an influx of cash from interested parties to expand on it and make it "better" and it was delayed till 2025 "tentatively". Until it's released on store shelves, I'm half believing it'll never release and will become another vaporware title killed in the throws of developement hell. I hope not... but I've become a bit of a pessimist over the years.

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2023, 10:11:52 pm »
I'm actually more hyped for Sonic Superstars than I was during its initial announcement, even though Sega's presentation was a strange snoozefest. My wife is also super hyped for Dragon's Dogma 2, which was shown off during the Capcom presentation. Other than that, I wasn't terribly impressed with TGS.

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2023, 10:44:49 pm »
I might go look at the Dragon's Dogma 2 video to check it out as I see folks going abit nuts over it too, see if there's anything for me there.  I tried to play the first game, but found it kinda boring, so the sequel was never on my radar, but if they do enough to expand and improve, it could be interesting to check out.