Author Topic: Wii U Info:Nintendo Network, Miiverse, and Internet Browser and More  (Read 1201 times)

htimreimer

here is a video from nintendo about nintendo network, miiverse, and internet browser and what do you think

darko

Re: Wii U Info:Nintendo Network, Miiverse, and Internet Browser and More
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 03:20:35 pm »
I think Nintendo's relevance in the big boy console market in 2012 is slipping further and further down the slope.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 03:48:21 pm »
I'm with Darko.  I LOVE the bit N.  I will buy a WiiU.  I just feel like this is going to very Dreamcast-ish.  It might not be Nintendo's last system, but all the momentum they gained with the Wii is gone.  I guess it wouldn't be all bad.  I would only have to buy one console if Nintendo went the Sega route and started only making games. 

scott

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 04:30:36 pm »
I'm pretty much not interested in the Wii U at all, yet. If they come out with some big name that I NEED, then I'll eventually get one. But so far nothing has gotten me to look at info on it. Plus the name is completely retarded.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

pacpix

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 06:01:14 pm »
Plus the name is completely retarded.
Yeah definitely agree on this.  Plus it makes it more confusing, a lot of people probably think its just an add on to the Wii!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

jobocan

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 06:25:48 pm »
I think Nintendo's relevance in the big boy console market in 2012 is slipping further and further down the slope.

Compared to its competition... at least they're doing something. And hey, they're releasing a stronger console than the competition that devs love to develop for from all I've heard, and there's some cool stuff coming up eventually.

Microsoft just... doesn't care it seems. The 360 has so little first/second-party support you wonder if they even know they have a console on the market, and it's unclear what they want to do for next-gen.
Sony... Well, if they mess up again the whole company is going down. I wouldn't be surprised to see them die in a year or 2.

At least Nintendo is still relevant at all, and they're still the only company in the console market that's a pure gaming-only company.

scott

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 06:32:25 pm »
At least Nintendo is still relevant at all, and they're still the only company in the console market that's a pure gaming-only company.

I agree with this for sure. I love Nintendo's handhelds and my 3DS/DS are the most played systems I have at the moment. But, as a kid who grew up on the NES and SNES I wish they could stop fumbling around w/ gimmicks on their home consoles. But really, I guess my biggest thing with the Wii U is this, everytime I hear about some "sweet new info" all I ever end up saying is "neat, they should have done that with the Wii in the 1st place.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

darko

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 07:37:32 pm »

I don't think they're very relevant in the home console market anymore. Sure, M$ does a lot more than gaming, but I would argue that they've done just about everything right in the console market since they got in. The Xbox might not have been as popular as the PS2 last gen, but it was far from garbage. The 360 is super popular and they seem to be the only home console maker that really gets their target market. Nintendo still can't decide if they want to be casual, focus more on the under 13 demographic, etc. They're kicking ass in handhelds, but I think the WiiU is going to struggle in the long run.

soera

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 07:51:40 pm »
While I think the Wii U is a pretty interesting system, I am not horribly interested in one til DQX comes state-side. The games that are set to release with the system are simply rehashes or system sequels of stuff Ive already played. Cool ... but blah.