Author Topic: Wii U launch titles  (Read 2208 times)

htimreimer

Wii U launch titles
« on: October 04, 2012, 11:58:59 am »

here is all the launch titles for the wii u for those who don't know

call of duty: black ops ii

skylanders giants

transformers prime

wipeout 3

disney epic mickey 2: the power of two

ea sports fifa soccer 13

tekken tag tournament 2: wii u edition

new super mario bros. u

ninja gaiden 3: razor's edge

nintendo land

sing party

sonic & all-stars racing transformed

warriors orochi 3 hyper

darksiders ii

assassin's creed iii

espn sports connection

just dance 4

rabbids land

your shape: fitness evolved 2013

zombiu

scribblenauts unlimited

game party champions

batman: arkham city armored edition

are you getting the wii u at  launch and what games are you getting

Re: Wii U launch titles
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 03:15:20 am »
getting the delux so nintendo land with that, then i want to get new super mario bros u and possibly zombie u if i still have enough cash at that point.
also colonial marines: aliens whenever that comes out

jobocan

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 08:00:20 am »
Yeah, getting the deluxe with Nintendo Land, and NSMBU (with a steelcase as a pre-order bonus). I'll probably be asking for ZombiU for christmas since I'm not sure I want to waste my own money on that. Otherwise, anything else I want will probably be coming out next year.

soera

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 09:18:41 am »
As of right now, Im not getting the Wii U on launch. Its a bit costly for me to afford at the moment, all the deluxe ones in my area are already on backorder (at least from the few places Ive checked) and I dont want the small version. None of the games are appealing to me yet since we are already going to have skylander giants on PS3. Ill get one down the line.

htimreimer

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 09:55:21 am »
getting the delux so nintendo land with that, then i want to get new super mario bros u and possibly zombie u if i still have enough cash at that point.
also colonial marines: aliens whenever that comes out
aliens colonial marines comes out on february 12 2013 on PS3, 360 and PC with the wii u version coming and this is a quote gearbox software "at a later time"
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 09:59:22 am by htimreimer »

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 12:56:08 pm »
I also won't be getting it because it would be quite expensive and since last time I am pretty much disappointed from Vita which I bought early after launch and Sony does not seem to care about this system at all. Only a few games were released and not many people (at least here in Czech) bought it what's easy to tell from bazaars and sites/forums being completely dead. So I resigned and the system is laying in a cabinet since a few months now and it would not be the best to sell it because I'd lose a lot of money anyways so at the moment I am waiting what is going to happen.

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 03:18:06 am »
i pre ordered the delux so im set with nintendo land. im definately going to get mario U and possibly zombieU but im quite curious to see what the reviews are like before i commit to that

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 07:51:21 am »
Add me to the "not getting any time soon crowd".

I just bought myself a 3DS-XL, and between my new games & my backlog...there's no way that I could justify buying *any* new/other systems at this point.

Exceptions would be:

- If the Vita ever gets 5-10 games *that I'd actually want to *PLAY*; I'd pick one up, and

- If/when there's a PS4...that's about it for me.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

htimreimer

Re: Wii U launch titles could
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 08:44:08 am »
- If the Vita ever gets 5-10 games *that I'd actually want to *PLAY*; I'd pick one up, and[size=78%].[/size]
thats gonna take a long time for the simple reason that out of all the consoles the vita is the one that developers don't want to make games for

- If/when there's a PS4...that's about it for me.
the ps4 is not supposed be released on till the fall of 2014 but that could change now that the lv0 keys have been leaked which is unfixable

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 09:16:03 am »
@htimreimer:

It certainly seems like you're right about games for the Vita, and thanks for the link -- I didn't know about that!

htimreimer

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2012, 01:15:54 am »
@htimreimer:

It certainly seems like you're right about games for the Vita, and thanks for the link -- I didn't know about that!
it very bad news for sony and i hope it doesn't affect the quality of the ps4

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2012, 09:55:48 am »
@htimreimer:

it very bad news for sony and i hope it doesn't affect the quality of the ps4

I'm not that sure...

To me (and I'm assuming the majority of other gamers), reading a lot of that was like reading gibberish/an unknown foreign language.

I'm (assuming) that the vast majority of PS3 owners (again, myself included:) -

A).  Won't even *know* anything about this!
(W/O your link...I surely never would have even heard about it),

B).  Wouldn't even have the know-how/components needed for this to even be relevant to them,

C).  (I would think) that the majority of PS3 owners -even those that *have* the understanding, know-how, and components needed to do this...wouldn't even bother to take advantage of this, and

D).  I'm assuming (been doin' a lot of that in this thread as I have no personal knowledge, experience, or interest in any of this) that those who would use this for 'piracy' purposes...have more than likely been doing so since long before this newest news (on the PS3...and many other systems).

As always...just my 2 cents  8)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2012, 11:13:12 pm »
I know, I'm late to the party. But I made it  8)

I really want a Wii U, I just really don't want to pay $350 for one (and I sure as hell am not gonna be satisfied with that meager 8 GB hard-drive on the $300 model).

By this time next year, I bet the price will have dropped $50, if not $100. I'll wait until that happens then pick one up.

Some of the games that I'm looking forward to (which will be old by then, lol):

-Batman: Arkham City: Armored Edition - Big comic book fan here, and I loved Arkham Asylum on 360. Still haven't played Arkham City, so this "enhanced" version seems like it would be the best way to experience it. As long as the basic gameplay and look of Arkham Asylum was kept around for this one, then I'm sure I'll love it.

-New Super Mario Bros. U - This is probably the one I'm looking forward to the most, love me some old-school Mario action.

-Rayman: Legends - Rayman: Origins was just plain fun. I had blast playing through that beautiful 2-D game. It was that same feeling I'd get as a kid stomping Goombas in the old Mario games or blasting through Green Hills Zone of Sonic the Hedgehog. So I'm eagerly looking forward to playing this one. I did get to play a level at the Best Buy set-up, and it was quite fun.

-Scribblenauts Unlimited - I freaking adore Super Scribbleanuts (haven't played the original, yet). The creativity and interaction the game is amazing and I could spend hours just messing around with the item creation system. And this one sounds like a major upgrade from Super Scribblenauts.

-Zombie U - Definitely the most interesting looking one for me. I've always been a big zombie-movie fan (George Romero is the man!), and as such have always wondered how I'd fare in the zombie apocalypse. This sounds like the best attempt at this in gaming, yet.