Author Topic: A Look Back at Your Favorite Wii Games  (Read 3128 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: A Look Back at Your Favorite Wii Games
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 10:05:07 am »
Oh Im not personally concerned with games that have stuff like cussing and what not. But Nintendo is. And thats why a lot of the people who play stuff like Skyrim, GTA, CoD and what not are not going to be interested in the system and give it such a horrible reputation. I like my Wii. It was my first of the 3 systems of that generation. And I have 2 of them.

Man, I need to get me a copy of Xenoblade. It looks great and I have heard nothing but praise about it.

I understand what you are saying and agree. I think this was one of the driving forces between the SEGA vs Nintendo 16-bit war. For example, the blood in Mortal Kombat. Even the Genesis version had it censored unless you put in a cheat code. But it altered the perception people had of the consoles. One cannot deny that Nintendo has that reputation. And there are not a LOT of mature games. I can name some, but not a lot.

I thought that Mortal Kombat thing in the 16 bit gen was kinda ridiculous... I mean, sure, the Genesis version had blood... but it kinda sucked compared to the SNES version :P
And then MK2 had blood so... Yeah, I still don't get it.

But that's kind of the point of MK. If you can't do fatalities, pit-kills, or have blood; then it's not Mortal Kombat. And it's not like the SNES and Genesis versions had such a huge difference in graphics that it's worth taking the soul out of the game on SNES. The Genesis version is the definitive home version of the original Mortal Kombat.

Mortal Kombat II and beyond, yeah, SNES is better because they include the blood and SNES does have slightly better graphics with the MK games.

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2013, 02:13:09 am »
I also enjoyed Other M... as a game but as a Metroid game not so much and it's not because oh Samus talks now, it just kind of missed the whole Metroid feel IMO.
Also for other great games, how about Muramasa, a boy and his blob and Red Steel 2, even though I do think Red Steel 2 gets extremly repetitive its still a pretty good game

scott

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2013, 08:40:06 am »
I liked Other M as long as I was exploring/platforming. But when I had to fiddle w/ the controller to point it at the screen  to shoot... it took me right out of the game. Of course I've never touched any of the Wii control Prime games yet, so maybe it's just that I'm not used to using it to shoot?
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread