Author Topic: Shipping to other countries  (Read 1471 times)

soera

Shipping to other countries
« on: December 26, 2012, 11:18:50 am »
Sucks. I made a trade with a guy on Nintendo age to get a $25 game for a SNES I had extra. I get to the post office and its costing me $36 to ship the thing. :(

scott

Re: Shipping to other countries
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 11:31:31 am »
Where did you ship it? And why did you throw in shipping for out of the country?
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 11:49:45 am »
It was just going to Canada. There was a thread for a guy looking to trade some games for SNES and stuff. I figured it would be an easy trade but I didnt figure $36 to ship.

scott

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 11:51:55 am »
Ah. That sucks.

jobocan

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 12:11:01 pm »
Shipping to Canada is a hassle for some reason. I'm IN Canada, and it costs me more to ship to another province in Canada than it costs me to ship to just about anywhere in the US.

darko

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 12:12:09 pm »
I've shipped to Canada numerous times and I've never been hit with shipping that outrageous.

foxhack

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 12:57:26 pm »
Why are you shipping stuff Priority Mail?

A one or two pound package costs like ten bucks to ship from the US to Canada. The only reason they'd be charging that much is if you use Priority, which is an absolute ripoff. The service isn't any better than First Class Mail.

soera

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 01:58:01 pm »
It says priority. I asked the clerk if there was a cheaper option and she said no.  :-\

foxhack

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2012, 02:05:37 pm »
It says priority. I asked the clerk if there was a cheaper option and she said no.  :-\
She's an idiot who's trying to extort more money from you.

You can send any package that weighs up to four pounds via First Class Mail, as long as it's not very large. It costs $16 to send a four pound package. Anything over that gets the Priority rate... and going by the USPS online calculator, your package weighs six pounds. What the heck are you shipping up there?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 02:08:13 pm by foxhack »

scott

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2012, 02:07:30 pm »
Then the clerk screwed you. I've sent packages to Jcalder, madmax and a few other places in Canadaland and always went 1st Class. Unless you packed it in a Flat Rate box, then in that case it's always a bad idea unless the thing you're shipping is super heavy, but small.

soera

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2012, 02:31:34 pm »
It was an SNES with controller, A/C adapter and A/V cable. The weight came up to 5lbs almost exactly and it wasnt a flat rate box. It was barely big enough for those pieces to fit.

foxhack

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2012, 03:23:18 pm »
I'd just cancel the trade. You shouldn't be paying shipping on such a heavy item.

soera

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2012, 03:28:40 pm »
I already shipped it. Its not the other person's fault. I cant blame him. It just sucks cause Im actually paying more in shipping than the game is selling for online.