Author Topic: Interest Survey (GB/GBP Backlit Screen)  (Read 908 times)

darko

Interest Survey (GB/GBP Backlit Screen)
« on: March 20, 2013, 01:38:12 am »
So I've done 5-6 GB backlight mods now and I'm really comfortable with the process. I'm just wondering if anyone would want purchase one from me if I continue doing it. I have several extra units lying around now and they need a home. I'll have to charge something for them as it costs me a little time/money to put everything together.

If I do this I don't want to ripoff myself or VGC members. So, assuming there is some interest, what would you guys be willing to pay for something like this?

EDIT: I can also do the prosound mod but I highly recommend against it unless you plan on using the GB for chiptune. It's more expensive and you kill the external speaker (unless you want to pay even more for something you will likely never utilize).
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 01:42:07 am by darko »

scott

Re: Interest Survey (GB/GBP Backlit Screen)
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 08:35:05 am »
When I have some extra cash, I might look for a red Pocket for you to do for me. But that'll likely be a while.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 12:47:01 pm »
If you have a backlit Gameboy Color I'd be extremely interested in seeing some pics and buying it :).  Otherwise you can look at my collection and I'm willing to trade quite a few games for one of these!

darko

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 12:58:55 pm »
Unfortunately it's not possible to backlight a GBC. You have to front light it which, IMO, is not a fantastic way to solve the issue. The best way to play backlit GBC games is to pick up one of the backlit original GBAs from Rose Colored Gaming (albeit an expensive option, depending on your gaming budget).

If you're interested in an original backlit GB, I think I have everything I need to make one or two more at the moment.