Author Topic: homebrew games  (Read 1502 times)

homebrew games
« on: April 11, 2013, 10:39:22 pm »
Anyone know any places to find homebrewed nes,SNES,GB,GBA,atari or gen games? I would love to get some.  Like halo 2600 I would love to have!
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

Re: homebrew games
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 01:42:14 am »
Never mind I found some places
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

theflea

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 11:37:28 pm »
There's many places to find homebrew games, some have better quality then others.

Some collectors don't like homebrews/reproductions/hacks but I find them a great piece to have in your collection. Especially the limited runs. I was lucky enough to get a Halo 2600 when it was a limited offer by the creator and got a high quality silver label version. Hozer Games makes a Halo 2600 reproduction and you can choose the label you want on it, but it's nowhere near the quality the original run carts had.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

scott

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 12:08:06 am »
See, I like homebrew games and view them as specific indie developed games for legacy systems. But I really don't care much for romhacks. And I don't know how much I like the idea of Reproduction/Pirate carts, especially if they have to sacrifice legit games to make them work.

I do have 1 repro cart and that's Dragon Quest Monsters: Caravan Heart. I'm glad that I got it, and it seems to be well made. But, I don't see me sinking any more cash into buying other repros.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

theflea

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 05:37:11 am »
I understand about hacks, While I would pick one up if it was cheap enough, I'm more into the Reproductions & Homebrews, Like Earthbound (nes), Secret of Mana 2, Sweet Home etc, that are translated into English. While I love my Famicom and would still buy a Famicom version of these games, I can't read Japanese  :-[ So if I want to play these games on the classic systems reproductions are nice to own. There's also a few Reproductions that are way too expensive for me to buy an original cart, like NWC90, Pepsi Invaders, Cheetahmen 2 so when I see a remake on one, It's nice to own to at least get to play. 

Then of course the homebrew carts, some of these can be as pricey as a cart from back in the day once they are not made anymore . Especially if it's a limited run. And many are really good.

But in the end, to each his own.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

soera

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 09:07:42 am »
Ive seen a few hacks I find interesting (Zelda outlands, super metroid revisited) but most I think are just a waste of time. Games where they simply change the character itself into something weird ... not my thing.

foxhack

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 11:49:21 am »
I understand about hacks, While I would pick one up if it was cheap enough, I'm more into the Reproductions & Homebrews, Like Earthbound (nes), Secret of Mana 2, Sweet Home etc, that are translated into English. While I love my Famicom and would still buy a Famicom version of these games, I can't read Japanese  :-[ So if I want to play these games on the classic systems reproductions are nice to own. There's also a few Reproductions that are way too expensive for me to buy an original cart, like NWC90, Pepsi Invaders, Cheetahmen 2 so when I see a remake on one, It's nice to own to at least get to play. 

Then of course the homebrew carts, some of these can be as pricey as a cart from back in the day once they are not made anymore . Especially if it's a limited run. And many are really good.

But in the end, to each his own.
Get a flash cart.

Done.

Signed,
A guy who's had his freeware game translations sold for profit for several years.