Author Topic: New Mac Pro.... Anyone do gaming on Mac here?  (Read 1756 times)

sin2beta

New Mac Pro.... Anyone do gaming on Mac here?
« on: June 14, 2013, 02:24:16 am »
So, I was window shopping macs and they updated the mac pro page in the middle of my viewing. The new one looks weird. It's like a black tube. http://www.apple.com/mac-pro/

I'm reading about in now...

EDIT: I have to admit this thing is sexy looking. 10 inches high by 6.5 inches wide.

Anyone here mac users or is it all windows? Anyone else game on their mac? I know there was a topic on creating a mac game category...
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 02:30:05 am by sin2beta »
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

htimreimer

Re: New Mac Pro.... Anyone do gaming on Mac here?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 04:18:48 am »
i dont think it looks sexy, it looks like a waste master trash can also most of the people use mac pros work in a movie studio or a business and they are gonna hate this thing because its not a good uses of space in a business environment. the tower case is used because you can stack and put it a way easily and desks are designed for the tower case as well.

once again its style over function with apple

foxhack

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 09:52:32 am »

how the hell do you come up with these comparisons?

htimreimer

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 10:48:30 am »

how the hell do you come up with these comparisons?
way to much time on the internet

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 01:24:53 pm »
I like the new design, that being said I would never buy one to game on.  Good luck upgrading anything in that custom everything case.

pacpix

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 03:16:28 pm »
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

sin2beta

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 05:45:12 pm »
So, I was window shopping macs
Ha :)

LOL. That took me a while to get actually. That's funny.

And regarding the size... I don't understand how this is not using space well. It's ten inches high with a diameter of 6.6 inches. That is SO small. It's smaller than the stuff you would stack on a desktop tower. Oh well.

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2013, 12:40:59 am »
They don't intend for you to upgrade anything in the case, that's why there are super fast ports all over it, thunderbolt 2, USB 3, etc.

Not that I agree with it, by the way, just telling you where they are coming from.

Ardour runs on linux.  If'n you wanted to make the switch.

sin2beta

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 01:06:24 am »
They don't intend for you to upgrade anything in the case, that's why there are super fast ports all over it, thunderbolt 2, USB 3, etc.

Not that I agree with it, by the way, just telling you where they are coming from.

Ardour runs on linux.  If'n you wanted to make the switch.

Man, I hate ardour. Thanks for the suggestion, though! I do appreciate it. I tried Ardour before. I tried to purge myself of everything non GNU or open, but couldn't do it. I can't lie. I love my Mac computers. Until my most recent position the labs I worked in used nothing but linux. I loved them. But there were things that make it tough to become the full desktop. Gnome makes me angry. And KDE just depends on the version and in a lot of ways is always behind gnome. The other environments just aren't worth it.

Objective-C and XCode is one of the most beautiful programming environments ever. CoreAudio and CoreVideo? Yes, please! I still use emacs when programming lisp. But any application goes to Cocoa and Obj-C.

I love the IDEA of going to nothing but linux. But there are a lot of problems that come from the "We have hundreds of programmers working on one program" design by committee. Large open source projects are always full of bickering, indecision, and old ideas. This seems to come through a lot in the programs.

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2013, 03:25:00 am »
So true.

I've tried converting so many times.  I really feel like it would totally be usable for 90% of the computing world.

I'm always trying to do something that apparently, no one has ever tried before.  Or at least never documented.