Author Topic: Moments In Games That Scared The Crap Out Of You  (Read 3239 times)

Re: Moments In Games That Scared The Crap Out Of You
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2015, 11:06:45 pm »
I have to say sitting in the dark at a friends house playing resident evil on ps1. I actually was just watching him and he gets to a certain spot and said. I am letting you know something is going to happen. So he slowly started walking toward the hallway and out jumped the damn dogs through the windows. That scared the shit out of me. Lol

Dude, that is pretty much my story lol. Friends house, he said something and everything haha

Pretty messed up of my friend at the time but still funny as hell.. :P

tripredacus

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2015, 11:24:23 am »
There have been some freaky moments I've had in gaming... from Clive Barker's Undying to the unsettling dream sequences in Max Payne, but there is one that still sticks out to me.

Doom 3

First playthrough, at night, dark room, EAX enabled 5.1 surround sound. Music disabled.

That sets the mood enough. The entire situation is unsettling, if you've played it. You get to the Mars base and it is completely empty. The early part of the game plays out very well story wise, hiding what has happened to the workers. You find out there is another guy on the base and you have to go find him. For the most part, you don't really run into any monsters until you meet this guy. There might be one, but I don't remember. You go through the corridor and everything is dark. When the game came out, you could either use flashlight or your gun. You need the flashlight to see. Spooky sounds everywhere and you know some monster is going to jump out at you at any moment.

You come up to a turn in the corridor, you hear something around the bend. You turn off the flashlight and get out your gun. Turn the corner real fast and BOOM!

You killed the scientist.  ;D

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2015, 06:24:43 pm »
res evil (not sure which it was) when you fall through the balcony. and when zombies came through the windows.

silent hill when you exit the clock tower in the school.

kashell

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2015, 08:36:53 am »
I guess I can offer some thoughts on this topic.

None of the games I played really scared me, per se, but they have made me jump or weird me out. Recently, I had the pleasure of going through Eternal Darkness for the Game Cube. Everything about the game's atmosphere was wonderful from a horror standpoint. When your sanity meter gets lower and lower, this is when the game really shines as it attempts to mess with your head.

Some of the Silent Hills come to mind, namely Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 4. Silent Hill P.T. was freaky, too.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2015, 09:29:42 am »

None of the games I played really scared me, per se, but they have made me jump or weird me out. Recently, I had the pleasure of going through Eternal Darkness for the Game Cube. Everything about the game's atmosphere was wonderful from a horror standpoint. When your sanity meter gets lower and lower, this is when the game really shines as it attempts to mess with your head.

Some of the Silent Hills come to mind, namely Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 4. Silent Hill P.T. was freaky, too.

Oh ya, I was a little sissy with PT, like I said on the show lol
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

dondetti

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2015, 10:07:04 am »

That bathtub is such a silly jump scare, but it gets me every time, haha..
I can you only chance
You need spell your soul
To the horrid spooky devil
That's a voyage to Hell

Games: https://vgcollect.com/dondetti
Music: https://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/parabellum