Author Topic: Craigslist gripes  (Read 1570 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Craigslist gripes
« on: August 09, 2013, 03:53:33 pm »
I needed a place to complain about sellers on Craigslist.  So, I made one.

I text this guy about some games http://littlerock.craigslist.org/vgm/3989044702.html

He won't give me a price. He wants me to make an offer.  I shoot him $25 for the lot, just like a cheap bastard would.
He comes back a couple of hours later with "I know 2 of those games are worth $65 a piece.  I'll take $50 for all of it"

Me: Which ones are worth $65

Seller: Let me check.  I'll get back to you.

This was yesterday.  I still haven't heard anything.

scott

Re: Craigslist gripes
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 04:17:50 pm »
Hey, I'll reply to you as soon as I figure out if any of these games are actually worth that much. :P
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 04:59:52 pm »
I use this site when trying to make an offer on ebay or craigslist:

videogames.pricecharting.com

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 05:01:49 pm »

I don't.  I just wing it!  Lowball, Son!  The worst they can say is "No".  I usually have a good idea what something's worth before I make an offer on it. 

P.S. r4izuk0 Your signature pic is way too big.  That thing is outta control.  I'm afraid it's going to attack Tokyo.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 05:04:24 pm by turf »

matt

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 06:15:54 pm »

Just FYI if you didn't see the news...

http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,3934.0.html

We have PriceCharting data on all our game pages now.

ffxik

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 07:36:14 pm »
Journey to Silius and Mega Man 3 are about the only high priced ones there and on Amazon they are going at $11 and $18 respectively.  $35 is the highest I would even go on this.

jcalder8

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 08:43:34 pm »
I would say that $50 is a fair price for the lot. Not that I would pay that much but I think it's fair for both the buyer and seller.

ffxik

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 11:00:39 pm »
I would say that $50 is a fair price for the lot. Not that I would pay that much but I think it's fair for both the buyer and seller.

You got a point.  I guess I was going to the extreme as far as pricing goes.  The only way I would do $50 is that I had to have them shipped to me and the price included shipping.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 11:42:33 pm »
I have all the games in there. $50 would be fair, but I'm not buying at fair prices.

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2013, 01:08:24 am »
I'm in agreement here.  I go to Craigslist for DEALS.  I'm not going to a poorly laid out website, to email or call some random person, and go through that whole rigamarole with really no guarantee on anything I might buy: all to pay "fair" prices.  If I'm putting in all that legwork, it had better be worth my time.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 10:27:37 am »
I hit someone up on the Little Rock Craigslist about an OBSCENE amount of Wii games for $150.  It had some great titles in there.  Metroid Trilogy being the crown jewel.  Anyway, I send them an email and they want to meet in Tulsa, OK.  Why the hell are they on the Little Rock craigslist? 
It sounds fishy, so I just roll with it.  They are going to ship it for free.  They agree to $120 just to get them out of the way.  I asked how they wanted to handle payment.  They respond with "Do you have any friends or family that could bring cash by UPS and see that I mail the package?"  No, I live 6 hour away.  "How about an Amazon eCard?"  Hell no.  I guess that gets them away from mail fraud (money order) or wire fraud (Western Union).
EFF SCAMMERS!

ffxik

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2013, 07:33:46 am »
I hit someone up on the Little Rock Craigslist about an OBSCENE amount of Wii games for $150.  It had some great titles in there.  Metroid Trilogy being the crown jewel.  Anyway, I send them an email and they want to meet in Tulsa, OK.  Why the hell are they on the Little Rock craigslist? 
It sounds fishy, so I just roll with it.  They are going to ship it for free.  They agree to $120 just to get them out of the way.  I asked how they wanted to handle payment.  They respond with "Do you have any friends or family that could bring cash by UPS and see that I mail the package?"  No, I live 6 hour away.  "How about an Amazon eCard?"  Hell no.  I guess that gets them away from mail fraud (money order) or wire fraud (Western Union).
EFF SCAMMERS!

If it's too good to be true...  Reminds me when I was just starting my anime collection.  I found a site that carried all the box sets I was looking for and they happened to have a summer sale going on everything half price.  So my dumb ass ordered $500 worth of stuff.  As you can imagine what I got was a mess of bootlegs.  That was so long ago. Yet, still burns to this day.  :-[

Little Rock, eh.  I'm guessing you're not (figuratively speaking) that far from me.  I live about an hour north and west of the boot heel.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 07:41:57 am by ffxik »