Author Topic: whats your favorite boss fight?  (Read 1556 times)

whats your favorite boss fight?
« on: August 10, 2013, 09:47:12 pm »
i think mine is mantis from metal gear solid.

just wondered which other boss battles people really liked.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 09:50:03 pm by stethebubble »

pacpix

Re: whats your favorite boss fight?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 01:28:28 am »
My favorite battle was the Ganondorf/Ganon battle at the end of Ocarina of Time.  I was young at the time and it had taken me at least three years to slowly making my way through, sharing information with friends (We did not have Internet at my house yet) and exploring the world.  We used to play that game everyday after school along with Super Smash Bros.  To finally make it to the end was awesome and the battle was really cool. <spoiler>Running up the giant staircase to find Ganondorf playing the organ, escaping the burning tower, and fighting Ganon without the Master Sword was great.  Stabbing the Master Sword into Ganon's head is one of my favorite gaming memory ever.</spoiler>
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 02:28:15 am »
i think mine is mantis from metal gear solid.

just wondered which other boss battles people really liked.

Well you stole mine.  For me it was "So you like to play...Suikoden?"
Mind. Blown.

blipcs76

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 11:37:29 am »
The one that always pops into my mind is Granfalloon from Castlevania SOTN.  It's a massive sphere of corpses!

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 01:16:32 pm »
The one that always pops into my mind is Granfalloon from Castlevania SOTN.  It's a massive sphere of corpses!

This was a cool boss, I remember the first time I saw it and thought "those are bodies!".

scott

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 03:17:14 pm »

This was a cool boss, I remember the first time I saw it and thought "those are bodies!".

Agreed, that boss was sweet. Though for Castlevania I've always enjoyed Death fights a lot.

I'd say my fav modern boss fight would have to be The Boss in MGS3. The setting is beautiful and you know Snake doesn't want to kill his mentor. Plus its tense, since you are playing cat and mouse in a stealth vs stealth face off.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 03:48:59 am »
FIRST POST!

My favorite boss fight would have to be against King K Rool from donkey kong country. Dkc was the first game i finished in my whole gaming career at around the age of 5. Plus the boss theme rools.
If you're bored and have nothing else to do then.. please watch my videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/traaCk204

pacpix

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 10:23:02 am »
FIRST POST!

My favorite boss fight would have to be against King K Rool from donkey kong country. Dkc was the first game i finished in my whole gaming career at around the age of 5. Plus the boss theme rools.

Welcome to the site!

I also enjoyed that fight.  The credits part was funny!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

foxhack

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 12:18:01 pm »
Currently? The Mohole from Bionic Commando 2009.

(A bit NSFW due to the character swearing.)