Author Topic: SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis: Collected Works Kickstarter  (Read 613 times)

SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis: Collected Works Kickstarter
« on: November 15, 2013, 04:46:08 pm »
I know we have some Sega fans here. I saw this and had to fund it immediately. It was the first time I funded anything on kickstarter and I couldn't be more excited about it.

The ultimate retrospective of the SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis. A documentary art book by Read-Only Memory.

SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis: Collected Works [ セガ メガド ライブ/ジェネシス:作品集成 ] will be the definitive volume on the landmark console. The book is officially licensed by SEGA and celebrates the 25th anniversary of the console’s release. It will be an unparalleled treasury of production artwork, interviews, development sketches and hardware manufacturing plans.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/darrenwall/sega-mega-drive-genesis-collected-works

Re: SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis: Collected Works Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 10:42:51 am »
It looks really good and I hope it turns out well! My only concern is that a book with 35000-ish words in it has 10,000-ish given over to one article by one person (don't like it? Third of the book gone to waste), but that's probably just me.

I already own a couple of similar books in Japanese, but it is nice to see English fans finally getting something worthwhile :)