Author Topic: question?  (Read 2976 times)

Re: question?
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2013, 11:45:28 pm »
Yeah I wont collect all of them. IT was just a thought, but would be bad ass.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2013, 01:38:10 am »
That WOULD be super cool man, but I agree with soera, maybe rethink you're goal because not only would that be very hard but it would also get very boring too. I started by just collecting Nintendo games, and I did get boring after a while so I branched out into other systems Sega was first than playstation and so on

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2013, 02:52:35 am »
That WOULD be super cool man, but I agree with soera, maybe rethink you're goal because not only would that be very hard but it would also get very boring too. I started by just collecting Nintendo games, and I did get boring after a while so I branched out into other systems Sega was first than playstation and so on
my main focus is nintendo, i have other systems too
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

madmax

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2013, 06:32:55 am »
If you want to collect all Nintendo, start with an easy but attainable goal and work from there. Don't start trying to tackle the whole thing. Get some video game lots on ebay of a few systems to start with, NES, SNES, N64 .etc After that I would focus on one console at a time. I would probably start with N64 because I feel like that would be the easiest, go from there.

soera

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2013, 10:31:40 am »
You just really need to take a few minutes and talk to yourself about your collection.

What do you like the most about gaming?
What is your ideal goal?
Where do you see your collection 5/10 years?

Once you answer those questions, you will begin to see what path to take.

sin2beta

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2013, 03:16:52 pm »
If you want to collect all Nintendo, start with an easy but attainable goal and work from there. Don't start trying to tackle the whole thing. Get some video game lots on ebay of a few systems to start with, NES, SNES, N64 .etc After that I would focus on one console at a time. I would probably start with N64 because I feel like that would be the easiest, go from there.

That is good advice. The guy who collected every US SEGA game (pre 3rd Party) did something similar. He would collect all black grid Genesis games, every Sonic game, etc. These were fun goals. You could make a goal to collect all virtual boy. All Black Box NES games. All Zelda games. And slowly work up the collection that way. A full Nintendo set will never happen as long as Nintendo is still making games. But you can have several complete subsets and a damn fine collection.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2013, 04:04:11 pm »
This question is a little off topic, but who likes the idea of sub collections?
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2013, 10:05:22 pm »
Once you answer those questions, you will begin to see what path to take.

That is very wise, Master Yoda.
This question is a little off topic, but who likes the idea of sub collections?

I love it.  It feels good to accomplish goals.  It's a good way to keep you feeling like you're doing some good.  If your goal is get a complete NES set, it'll be a long time before you get to raise your hands in victory.  If you set small goals, like completing a Black Box set; you can get that done without too much trouble.  It is a good feeling to complete something.