Author Topic: New Entry Not Working  (Read 924 times)

New Entry Not Working
« on: June 14, 2014, 06:08:06 pm »
I know some fields aren't working, but when I submitted a new game this is what I got:

http://vgcollect.com/item/62074

I guess someone can just delete the entry until things are working again? I tried editing it several times and it looks the same. (I can't remember if edits show up right away or not.) Only fields I tried entering were name, platform, ESRB, genre, and cover image.

Re: New Entry Not Working
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 07:46:09 pm »
yeah... it happens sometimes.  Feel free to try again. When you submit an "edit" they have to be checked by an admin also to ensure the new info isn't faulty or spam.  An admin will go through in a day or so and clear it for you.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 07:56:34 pm by badATchaos »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 08:11:10 am »
yeah... it happens sometimes.  Feel free to try again. When you submit an "edit" they have to be checked by an admin also to ensure the new info isn't faulty or spam.  An admin will go through in a day or so and clear it for you.

This is true for edits mostly...

...a brand new submission can immediately be added to your collection - and, as such, should also be visible immediately.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 02:48:25 pm »
Sorry for bumping, but I'm having the same issue again and I didn't want to make a new thread.

http://vgcollect.com/item/68788

All the fields are showing up with an entry of '0'. I submitted edits to try to fix, but obviously nothing has been approved yet. Are there any browsers that aren't supported here, or is this just bad luck on my end? No one I know has ever had this happen to them before.

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 03:05:00 pm »
I recall someone else having a similar issue: http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php?topic=5217.0

Not sure if an admin can illuminate what might be the issue...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

karyann

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 06:51:31 pm »
I don't know what causes this, but it happened to me once too. I think it might be when something interferes when data is sent to the database, and my guess would be that the entry is created even if data couldn't make it to the database in the end. But I'm only speculating! It's probably not you, though.

maximo310

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 09:04:05 pm »
Yeah, data interference  may cause the data to get cut off before it can start being implemented in, and usually if there is no value in a program that is executed, it usually has to be filled with something which is usually something like "null" or "0". So, you may just have to redo the entry for that game with a secure internet connection, and you may be able to get around it since it doesn't seem like the bug is too common.

foxhack

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 12:08:21 pm »
Yeah, data interference  may cause the data to get cut off before it can start being implemented in, and usually if there is no value in a program that is executed, it usually has to be filled with something which is usually something like "null" or "0". So, you may just have to redo the entry for that game with a secure internet connection, and you may be able to get around it since it doesn't seem like the bug is too common.

That won't help. The bug happens completely at random.

maximo310

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2014, 12:17:19 pm »

That won't help. The bug happens completely at random.
Oh its one of those random bugs. Well I guess there's no solution for the problem at the moment then.