Author Topic: Report button for Multiple Entries  (Read 953 times)

whiteyfox

Report button for Multiple Entries
« on: September 28, 2014, 04:51:00 pm »
While browsing the PS Vita games I noticed that there are double and even triple entries of the same product. Don't get me wrong but most of them don't even have actual differences (Platinum, Collector's or something like that). How about encouraging those people to use the "Notes" part instead of making a brand new entry? (Example image at the end of the post)

In case people agree with me, how about adding some kind of "report" button to let the admins know that there are doubles?
I'm sorry in case this has been discussed in the past, but I didn't find anything similar in the recent pages. Maybe I didn't look hard enough too. :P

Re: Report button for Multiple Entries
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 04:55:04 pm »
Thank you for your concern. Duplicate entries can be posted in this thread:
http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,48.html

I will tackle the current backlog of dupes over the next few days, so feel free to add onto it.

foxhack

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 04:57:06 pm »
While browsing the PS Vita games I noticed that there are double and even triple entries of the same product. Don't get me wrong but most of them don't even have actual differences (Platinum, Collector's or something like that). How about encouraging those people to use the "Notes" part instead of making a brand new entry? (Example image at the end of the post)

In case people agree with me, how about adding some kind of "report" button to let the admins know that there are doubles?
I'm sorry in case this has been discussed in the past, but I didn't find anything similar in the recent pages. Maybe I didn't look hard enough too. :P

Some entries (like those with a country code between brackets) are for regional releases with localized artwork and / or manuals, so they're technically not duplicates. We approved adding new entries for these localized releases after discussing things with some European collectors so be absolutely sure they're real dupes before reporting them.

This goes for you too, exo. Be sure they're not dupes, check the item details to be sure, I've asked these collectors to mention any details in the listings themselves.

whiteyfox

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 04:59:42 pm »
Ah alright. Thanks both of you guys. Feel free to lock this topic. :)

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 05:02:59 pm »
Some entries (like those with a country code between brackets) are for regional releases with localized artwork and / or manuals, so they're technically not duplicates. We approved adding new, localized entries after discussing things with some European collectors.

Yes, this as well. I forgot to notice the Netherlands variant in the middle, but the top and bottom one are legitimate duplicates and are more than welcomed in the duplicates thread.

Locking as per request, I'm glad that we could help you, whiteyfox.

foxhack

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 05:04:43 pm »
Some entries (like those with a country code between brackets) are for regional releases with localized artwork and / or manuals, so they're technically not duplicates. We approved adding new, localized entries after discussing things with some European collectors.

Yes, this as well. I forgot to notice the Netherlands variant in the middle, but the top and bottom one are legitimate duplicates and are more than welcomed in the duplicates thread.

Locking as per request, I'm glad that we could help you, whiteyfox.

One other thing, some of these dupes use European punctuation (like ` instead of ') so please correct those while you're at it, since they can cause dupes to show up, as you noticed. :p

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2014, 05:11:33 pm »
Roger wilco.