Author Topic: Twitch  (Read 2041 times)

desocietas

Re: Twitch
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2014, 11:45:34 am »
Interesting topic.

Have any of you PS4 owners done anything with this yet?

How's it work & how complicated is it to get everything set up & running right?

I haven't personally streamed from the BF's PS4, but I think it's as simple as downloading the Twitch app to your PS4 and pressing the "share" button.  You'll have to set up a Twitch account first, I believe, but for the most part, it seems pretty straightforward.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2014, 12:03:17 pm »
Interesting topic.

I haven't personally streamed from the BF's PS4, but I think it's as simple as downloading the Twitch app to your PS4 and pressing the "share" button.  You'll have to set up a Twitch account first, I believe, but for the most part, it seems pretty straightforward.

Since you're here, my D-sister, I was wondering how difficult or complicated that modding of your DS was?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2014, 05:43:59 pm »
Interesting topic.

Since you're here, my D-sister, I was wondering how difficult or complicated that modding of your DS was?

As simple as getting an old DS from eBay, sending it to Utah for him to mod, receiving it, and plugging it into my computer :)  You download the drivers from the modder's site, including the free capture software, and the hardest part after that was probably getting the audio to work.  It was pretty painless.

For those who are a bit more electronics-capable, you can buy the board kit and install it yourself for cheaper.

After that, I had my bf help me with the typical OBS settings, but much of it is listed on the Twitch website (which is what I was streaming for).  You don't have to deal with that if you plan on 1. recording locally or 2. just playing on a bigger screen.  That was the nice perk that I didn't realize until I had it in my hands - you can play your DS games on your computer screen and stretch the screens out to whatever size you want.  This is especially nice because the 1st generation DSes (which is what he mods) have very dim screens compared to the DS Lite.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

davifus

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2014, 01:37:44 am »
Interesting topic.

As simple as getting an old DS from eBay, sending it to Utah for him to mod, receiving it, and plugging it into my computer :)  You download the drivers from the modder's site, including the free capture software, and the hardest part after that was probably getting the audio to work.  It was pretty painless.

For those who are a bit more electronics-capable, you can buy the board kit and install it yourself for cheaper.

After that, I had my bf help me with the typical OBS settings, but much of it is listed on the Twitch website (which is what I was streaming for).  You don't have to deal with that if you plan on 1. recording locally or 2. just playing on a bigger screen.  That was the nice perk that I didn't realize until I had it in my hands - you can play your DS games on your computer screen and stretch the screens out to whatever size you want.  This is especially nice because the 1st generation DSes (which is what he mods) have very dim screens compared to the DS Lite.

I'm assuming it was this website?

http://www.3dscapture.com/

I have the OG Aqua Blue but spending $245 for a capture card... Idk I rather get a XL with that money first.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

desocietas

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2014, 06:59:56 pm »
Interesting topic.

I'm assuming it was this website?

http://www.3dscapture.com/

I have the OG Aqua Blue but spending $245 for a capture card... Idk I rather get a XL with that money first.

Yep, I got it from Loopy, the fellow who runs 3dscapture.com.  For DS capture card installation, it was $75 (3DS capture card install is the ones that's $245).
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas