Author Topic: Retro City Rampage DX limited physical realease on the PS4 *NOW SOLD OUT*  (Read 2656 times)

davifus

Re: Retro City Rampage DX limited physical realease on the PS4 *NOW SOLD OUT*
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2014, 03:04:06 pm »
Where do we track the game? Was there another email or at there website?
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

soera

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2014, 03:05:44 pm »
It was in my shipping notice email.

davifus

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2014, 03:07:08 pm »
Weird I didnt get one. When did you get your ship notification.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

soera

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2014, 03:30:59 pm »
Weird I didnt get one. When did you get your ship notification?

Dec 1 ... they mailed it out the next day.

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2014, 08:13:52 pm »
I received mine today! also got Class of Heroes. It was a good day

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2014, 09:42:09 pm »
Anyone want to give one away?  I mean, it is the season of giving and all.  :'(

soera

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2014, 02:05:11 am »
The dev of this game just made a big post on Nintendo age about this game about the legitimacy of this game in the PS4 library. :) Glad I picked up a copy when I did.

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2014, 05:35:55 am »
The dev of this game just made a big post on Nintendo age about this game about the legitimacy of this game in the PS4 library. :) Glad I picked up a copy when I did.

Any chance you can link the post. i tried looking for it but couldn't find it

argyle

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2014, 09:21:36 am »

I didn't even know this was a debate. :o

Glad we don't get quite that anal around here. I mean, we're picky no doubt, but...wow. :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

foxhack

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2014, 02:56:39 pm »

Glad we don't get quite that anal around here. I mean, we're picky no doubt, but...wow. :P

There are lots of old school collectors at various forums who look down on us digital collectors / players and don't think our games "count" because they're not physical.

Yes, it's dumb, but whatever. You can't change the way people think. :p

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2014, 04:10:48 pm »

There are lots of old school collectors at various forums who look down on us digital collectors / players and don't think our games "count" because they're not physical.

I get digital stuff when it's digital only but I want to play it. Generally speaking I don't "collect" digital stuff since all the DRM makes it "leased" software at best.

If I want it for the long haul and physical copy is an option I generally go that route.

But no question digital games like this and Scott Pilgrim vs the World are legit games. They just have a shorter life expectancy than a physical copy.

argyle

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2014, 10:09:44 am »

I get digital stuff when it's digital only but I want to play it. Generally speaking I don't "collect" digital stuff since all the DRM makes it "leased" software at best.

If I want it for the long haul and physical copy is an option I generally go that route.

But no question digital games like this and Scott Pilgrim vs the World are legit games. They just have a shorter life expectancy than a physical copy.

Oh I agree, but that's not even what they're debating - they're talking about whether or not the physical pressed copy of RCR DX that was up for order counts as a "real" PS4 game. Which is just...weird.  :o
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2014, 02:58:06 am »

Oh I agree, but that's not even what they're debating - they're talking about whether or not the physical pressed copy of RCR DX that was up for order counts as a "real" PS4 game. Which is just...weird.  :o

Ah... Yeah, that I could actually see the point.

They make a few token copies and toss it out there but don't do anything even remotely close to a full print run.

For the 5 people that nabbed a copy it's real enough. For the rest of us though it's vapor/scalper-ware