Author Topic: WHat should I buy Next????  (Read 1929 times)

mrnikon

WHat should I buy Next????
« on: February 18, 2015, 02:24:55 pm »
Hello back again, haven't been on here for awhile, Now that I have this in the right area.....Here is my question. Since it is tax refund time, I am thinking about a new system, but what should I get? I can go classic or new...Or I can pay off some credit cards...

Re: WHat should I buy Next????
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 06:15:54 pm »
It looks like you enjoy classic arcade and action games, and you've got most of the classic systems covered already. The only logical step from here is to get into Neo Geo.

It can be frighteningly expensive, but only buy one or two games per year and you'll be fine.  ;D You have three paths to choose:

Neo Geo MVS
The original arcade cabinets with interchangeable cartridges. Most games are under $100. Nowadays you can find people who take the arcade motherboard and create a "consolized" version of the MVS, allowing you to play it on a TV like a normal system.

Neo Geo AES
The powerhouse system that Nintendo and Sega kids whispered about on the playgrounds back in the day. It's essentially the same hardware and software cartridges as the MVS version, just formatted like a home console. The most expensive video game system to collect for!

Neo Geo CD
A cheaper option. The games are the same quality as the cartridge counterparts, sometimes with upgraded CD soundtracks. The downside is that it can have long loading times and not every Neo Geo game is available for it.

dreama1

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 06:18:08 pm »
Hello back again, haven't been on here for awhile, Now that I have this in the right area.....Here is my question. Since it is tax refund time, I am thinking about a new system, but what should I get? I can go classic or new...Or I can pay off some credit cards...
sega saturn man.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 07:04:55 pm »
I would get a 3ds xl
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 12:41:15 am »
Buy a Vita :D

mrnikon

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 09:04:35 pm »
It looks like you enjoy classic arcade and action games, and you've got most of the classic systems covered already. The only logical step from here is to get into Neo Geo.

It can be frighteningly expensive, but only buy one or two games per year and you'll be fine.  ;D You have three paths to choose:

Neo Geo MVS
The original arcade cabinets with interchangeable cartridges. Most games are under $100. Nowadays you can find people who take the arcade motherboard and create a "consolized" version of the MVS, allowing you to play it on a TV like a normal system.

Neo Geo AES
The powerhouse system that Nintendo and Sega kids whispered about on the playgrounds back in the day. It's essentially the same hardware and software cartridges as the MVS version, just formatted like a home console. The most expensive video game system to collect for!

Neo Geo CD
A cheaper option. The games are the same quality as the cartridge counterparts, sometimes with upgraded CD soundtracks. The downside is that it can have long loading times and not every Neo Geo game is available for it.
Of course the first suggestion is the great NEO GEO from SNK. If i go the MVS route so i get the board and convert it or the cabinet. I want the cabinet but where would I put it?!?!?!?! This is at the top of my list, but the price of it is the main factor.  I know I can get 1 2 4 or 6 slot boards. there are a couple cabinets for sale near me for not too bad a price. I am trying tohttp://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php?action=post;topic=5893.0;last_msg=84970# justify not spending that much money but..... Its too cool not to have....why must these choices be so hard?
I would get a 3ds xl
I got a 3ds xl already, but the new one...
And the vita is not too intriguing to me, unless there is an obvious reason for me to get it...besides Vita makes me think of fish in a jar...

abe

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 09:08:58 pm »
And the vita is not too intriguing to me, unless there is an obvious reason for me to get it...besides Vita makes me think of fish in a jar...

Herring party snacks? :o At what kind of party do you eat fish from a jar? ???
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

mrnikon

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 09:14:23 pm »

Herring party snacks? :o At what kind of party do you eat fish from a jar? ???
Ones where the average age of the guest it 65.

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2015, 09:20:14 pm »
I'll say Wii U.  A good batch of games out for it now and this year has some real gems like a new Star Fox, Zelda, and Xenoblade.

mrnikon

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2015, 09:30:53 pm »
I'll say Wii U.  A good batch of games out for it now and this year has some real gems like a new Star Fox, Zelda, and Xenoblade.
That is on the list too, mainly for Xenobalde. I am just waiting for a price drop before i jump into a Wii U, there should be one coming soonish(hopefully).

soera

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2015, 10:08:07 pm »
I bought a Wii U and a PS4. The poor Wii U hasnt gotten any love from me at all since the PS4 arrived. I love the PS. :D Its definitely my go-to in the future.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2015, 01:42:06 am »
GameStop has an offer where if you buy a PlayStation 4, you also get PlayStation TV.

Since you're into Nintendo but you also have a Sega Genesis and Sega Dreamcast, my alternative choice for you would be Sega Saturn.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

mrnikon

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2015, 12:08:40 pm »
The PS4 is tempting...As is the Saturn..And the WiiU too. The a MVS cabinet(since i like to play games on the original console, yes I am one of those people) looks too cools not to get. I just need someone to talk me out of it now. Since it was suggested.  I was originally looking at the AES and since game prices could be up to $5000.00. Now looking at the MVS and it is not too much more the a AES, and game prices are far less expensive, for the same game such as Metal Slug. Maybe I should just buy my GF something nice...

And thank you for all you suggestions., and keep them coming.

abe

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2015, 02:53:27 pm »
If you like handhelds, you could import a Bandai Wonderswan, Wonderswan Color, or Swancrystal. They're neat, and they're still pretty cheap to collect for. Seeing as you've already got imported stuff in your collection, it shouldn't be an issue for you. The Swancrystal is probably the best of the three in terms of quality, but it's also the most expensive. I'm pretty sure they're backwards compatible as well, so you could just buy a Swancrystal and play Wonderswan and Wonderswan Color games as well.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)