Author Topic: Bunch of Live-Action Comic-Based T.V. Shows Coming!  (Read 1216 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Bunch of Live-Action Comic-Based T.V. Shows Coming!
« on: May 12, 2015, 01:47:32 pm »
http://www.newsarama.com/22940-as-seen-on-tv-the-full-list-of-live-action-comic-book-tv-shows-on-the-air-or-in-development.html

DC's Legends of Tomorrow and Marvel's Defenders definetly sound interesting.

And I'm happy Gotham got picked up again. I was afraid it wouldn't be with some fan's reactions to it, and the season finale didn't really leave much open.

Plus Dreadstar, Krypton, and Uncanny X-Men in development?! I really hope those pan-out!

Re: Bunch of Live-Action Comic-Based T.V. Shows Coming!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 01:18:22 am »
So far Daredevil has been good, I liked the Arrow, and Gotham got better at the end once it started to get more crazy.  Flash I haven't liked as much and stopped watching.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 01:22:33 am »
I even heard TNT is doing Teen Titans.  I enjoyed the original anime-style cartoon series, not Teen Titans Go!, so I'll try to be updated with news.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 01:58:26 am »
So far Daredevil has been good, I liked the Arrow, and Gotham got better at the end once it started to get more crazy.  Flash I haven't liked as much and stopped watching.

Wow. I think Flash is by far the best of the bunch. It's the most comic bookish with actual super-powers, costumes, and comic book storylines like time-travel and super-science.

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 02:01:53 am »

Wow. I think Flash is by far the best of the bunch. It's the most comic bookish with actual super-powers, costumes, and comic book storylines like time-travel and super-science.

I do agree it's one of the few ACTUAL super hero comic book show, but I thought it was pretty cheesy.  Too much melodrama.  I was gonna let it finish up and see where it went at the end before I went back.  The Arrow didn't get really good till after like the first season, so I'm hoping it's a show that can improve, because there aren't a ton of super powered shows out there.  Same for Gotham as it was becoming abit too much of a regular cop drama for most of it till the story kinda got extra dark and we started to get more Gotham oriented villains.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 01:07:08 pm »
Wait, wait...you like Arrow, but you don't like the melodrama of Flash?! :o That's 80% of Arrow!

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 04:42:57 pm »
Wait, wait...you like Arrow, but you don't like the melodrama of Flash?! :o That's 80% of Arrow!

lol It is still there, but I thought it did a better job of mixing them especially as the story went along and got better.  Flash always came off as more goofy half the time.  I haven't watched the last half of the season, so it might be doing better now, I just haven't gotten back to it.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 12:06:05 am »

Damn, that looked freaking amazing! Cannot wait for this! It looks like an actual DC Comic storyline you'd read in a comic. Not changed for the masses.

My only question: Does this mean we won't get a regular Flash and Arrow season this fall?

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2015, 12:29:10 am »
Probably shouldn't have watched that till I had finished Arrow and Flash lol Oh well, that actually looks pretty cool.  I'm curious to see if they plan make this the main season or add it into everything else.  I can't imagine they'd drop two shows for one.

On the other hand, Supergirl is looking pretty not good.  I feel a lot of it has to do with the first look trailer they did, cause it feels more like a rom com than super hero show lol